We have been going to the Peacock for quite a few years but never stayed overnight. I am pleased to say that we were not disappointed. We had a warm welcome from Martin who immediately upgraded us! What a great start !
Our room overlooked fields to the rear and was quiet, clean, comfortable, and more than adequate for our needs. The two single beds had been pushed together and were so so comfortable, we had the best nights sleep, especially after a long soak in the deep bath.... just what the doctor ordered!!
I would definately recommend The Peacock, its a perfect base for a weekend exploring all that the Chilterns has to offer. A traditional English Inn full of olde worlde charm, complete with log fire, traditional English ale and great food....what isnt there to like?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peacock is a friendly Country Inn set at the foot of the beautiful Chilterns in the picturesque Hamlet of Henton, near Thame. It's the ideal location for Business and Leisure with easy access to Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire. Our 25 bedrooms are available as double or single and have recently been refurbished to provide comfortable modern facilities all with en-suite bathrooms, flat screen televisions and tea/coffee making facilities. We pride ourselves on being a comfortable and cosy country inn offering warm, friendly customer service in a relaxed environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Peacock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peacock Hotel Henton
- Peacock Hotel Oxfordshire
- The Peacock Henton, England - Oxfordshire