“A good overnight stop” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Milton
Leyland
“A good overnight stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We wanted an overnight stop on the way to Southampton on a cruise on the journey from Lancashire. The location was ideal being an hours drive to the Port.

The Hotel was good value for moey, clean and the room was fine.

The only problem for elderly trsavellers with luggage is that there is no lift and on the day we checkied in at 5.00pm it took well over 30 minutes

Room Tip: There is a small generator at the rear, but not really a problem
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager O, Manager at Premier Inn Oxford South - Didcot, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Good Morning and thank you for your comments.

If you are able to contact the hotel prior to arrival with any requests or requirements we will be happy to accommodate them where possible.

We get a lot of people heading to Southampton for the cruises and up to now no-one has offered to take me with them. Oh well. Never mind!

Thanks for the feedback and we hope to see you on your next voyage.

Oxford Cluster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Sevenoaks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had never stayed in a Premier Inn before but after trying and failing to get a B and B near the venue we were going to for friends' party, the Premier Inn was the next nearest. It was much more like a Holiday Inn than I had expected not really budget at all at over £120 a night which included a cooked breakfast. However, it was excellent, very clean, friendly and helpful staff, large room and bathroom. Despite its position, we heard very little road noise and slept better than we had for ages. This hotel was excellent for a short functional stay. I will return to Premier Inns if this is typical of the standard and well worth a try if you want a convenient base

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Morning and thank you for your comments.

I am pleased you had a great stay with us.
The rates are dependent on occupancy, demand and any local events and are always cheapest on the website especially if you book far enough in advance.

I am pleased you enjoyed your first visit to Premier Inn and we hope to see you in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night to break our drive from Glasgow to the Isle of Wight. I always find the PIs to be a great chain of hotels and this one was not the exception. Absolutely no complaints about the room and/or bar & restaurant. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. If we ever do the same journey again, I would definitely use the hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Good Morning and thank you for your comments.

It is great to see words like "no complaints", "friendly and helpful" and "recommend" in your review and I thank you for taking the time to place your comments.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stay at this hotel regularly due to work in the area. Hotel rooms have recently been re-decorated and provide large, clean rooms with power shower, bath, big comfy bed and wall mounted flat sreen TV. The resturant food is excellent for breakfast and evening meals. The restaurant and hotel staff are always welcoming, approachable and efficient. Fully recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Premier Inn Oxford South - Didcot, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Good evening and thank you for your review of our hotel.

It takes a lot to get regular business guests to place reviews on Trip Advisor and I thank you for taking the time to add a comment.

I am glad that you feel that the refurbishment has had a positive impact on your stay and I will pass your comments onto the team.

Thanks again and see you soon.

Huddersfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed overnight on our way to the isle of wight and were so pleased that we booked another night for our return journey. The evening meal and breakfast package was extremely good value and very tasty.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Evening and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am pleased we provided a good experience for you on your way to the south coast. I hope you had a good break and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cluster General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is nice, people lovely.

But.....

I had to complain as stayed 3 nights and was woke up 2 out of the 3 nights from loud noise and banging in the room above at 1am.

When i complained bith times was just told would be looked into.

So the good nights sleep guarentee is ignored here.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Premier Inn Oxford South - Didcot, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Good evening and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We stand by our Good Night Guarantee. Please contact me directly at the hotel for this oversight to be corrected. We should have offered to move your room after the first instance and i will be investigating to find out why our procedures were not being followed.
I am sorry that this has reduced your enjoyment of staying with us on this occasion, but I hope it will not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Builth Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The room was spotless even if you employed the 'Hotel Inspector' type examination. Comfortable beds and I liked the pillow choices.
The small problem of no hot water in the morning was dealt with in a profesional manor and they kept thier price promise with a full refund given with no need for me to ask if the problem was covered. I tought the resturant which was packed in the morning produced one of the best fryups I have had for a long time. No grease or fat detected at all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Good evening and thanks for the review.

I am pleased that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable.
The water issue was caused by a fault with one of the boilers and has been rectified. I am sorry this impacted on your stay but hope it has not detered you from returning in the future.

Cluster General Manager
Oxford Cluster

Been to Premier Inn Oxford South - Didcot? Share your experiences!