“Loavley tapas treat in evening” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English, Tapas, Café, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
nottingham
“Loavley tapas treat in evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Nice food with an African theme when we went. Loved the bread and dukkah. Shame it isn't open more often in the evenings. Bit disappointed with the brunch on Sunday, only because I didn't fancy breakfast food. Personal pref though....

Visited November 2012

88% Recommend
Grantham
“Our weekend favourite!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great local eatery which never fails to impress! I always look forward to visiting Relish for delicious home made food, yummy cakes and a nice warm welcome! I would highly recommend this to families, couples and anyone who enjoys good food and a lovely warm atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Friendly welcome and wholesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Great neighbourhood eatery where your guaranteed a warm welcome.

Seasonal food which is fresh and healthy.

Visited March 2013
“Enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The food is very good. Home cooked and very tasty. However, there is not much atmosphere, too brightly lit. The most important thing that is lacking, is a bit of background music. I do not think this establishment will be open for business a year from now.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Should really work on the snobbery.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I went in to Relish one lunch time on my lunch break. I work around the general area and over the past few months have been trying the various cafes on my lunch breaks. This has got to be the worst one I have visited.

Dont get me wrong, the decor is nice and the light and airy feel is nice to walk in to. This was all ruined when I was served by who I can only assume was the co-owner/manager of the establishment. she was cold and rude and looked at me as if I couldn't afford to be in there either socially or economically. granted I am only 20 years old and do have a slightly more alternative appearance (tattoos, stretched ears etc) but I could tell i was being judged by all of these factors.
I ordered my sandwich and a bottle of drink and waited infront of the deli counter for it to be brought up to me. "you can go and wait by the window for your food" a very reasonable statement had it not been barked at me in an impatient manner. my sandwich was eventually bought through to me after having parted with just over 6 quid for a takeout sandwich and drink!
I just felt very unwelcome in Relish, yes the sandwich was reasonably tasty but it didn't look like it had been built with care, rather slapped together in a hurry to get me out the shop. wrapped in cling film I just felt like I may as well be eating a packed lunch from home not from a supposedly up market deli.
I have had far better lunch eating experiences on the chilwell road, most notably from what I assume is relish's biggest competitor the local not global deli directly opposite.

Shall not be returning.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
RelishBeeston, Owner at Relish, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We were extremely sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at Relish as we have always worked hard to provide a warm welcome to all customers and to offer quality, homemade food. Clearly, your experience fell short of that and we sincerely apologise.