“Paradise, indeed!” 5 of 5 stars

119 Moo 6 | Klongsok, Khao Sok National Park 84250, Thailand   |
MINOT
“Paradise, indeed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights the end of May. They were wonderful! We came back from a drive in pouring rain and the desk staff met us at the car with umbrellas!. Food was great, tree houses were clean. They went above and beyond when they allowed us to shower and change in one of the houses after we had checked out and come back from the Klong Sang safari.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Eric L, Managing Director at Khao Sok Paradise Resort, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Charlotte,

Thanks for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.
As I always say, our staff is for sure our most valuable asset.
We are glad to read you enjoyed you stay with us and hope we will have the chance to welcome you back soon.

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed in the Paradise resort for 2 nights, we got a minibus from Phuket but ended up on the public bus and were dropped at the junction to the main road 401. It is about 3/4 of a km if that to the hotel, the taxis at the bus drop off will charge you 100bht for this 2 minute journey. We walked and it was easy.
The resort is lovely, all the rooms are treehouses connected by walkways but despite the sound of it they're very comfortable, big bed and hot showers. We had a upgrade to a newly renovated room which was lovely. As ever in Thailand we wished we had longer to stay there.
We booked a trip to the Cheow Lan lake through the hotel, it was shared with other hotels and was a great day, boat trip through stunning limestone rocks, then a swim in the lake and a trek to a cave to explore. Great fun, but take proper shoes, girls in our group struggled in flip flops.
We ate at the paradise both nights we were there, the food was great and reasonably priced but be aware they stopped serving at 8.30pm. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout. Also we booked our minibus to Krabi direct from the hotel, it was one of our least stressful minibus trips so we'd recommend booking with them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kat Vet,

Greetings from the deep jungle and thanks for spending your time reviewing us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Khao Sok paradise Resort.
In case you are travelling by bus or mini van to Khao Sok please do not hesitate to call us once arrived, our friendly staff will come to pick you up at the station free of charge.
We offer free upgrades to higher room categories during the low season, depending on room availability of course.
The Chiew Larn full day lake trip is for sure the best excursion you can do in Khao Sok, green emerald waters, majestic lime stone cliffs, gibbon call as back ground music and dramatic views will make this an enchanted day.

We hope we will have to the chance to welcome you back in our little piece of paradise.

Best regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We booked our room at Khao Sok Paradise Resort though Agoda and immediately, we were not disappointed that we did. After looking at their website, we e-mailed to say when when we would be arriving and asked if we could take part in a half-day jungle trek that day. We received a super-swift response from reception saying that wouldn't be a problem - all we had to do was confirm the time we wanted to head out. My impression of the resort was high from the start!

On arriving, we were offered welcome drinks and were upgraded to the Deluxe treehouse free of charge for our one nights stay because the previous guests had checked out early. Our room was spacious and clean with Air Conditioning and Coffee making facilities with a large modern bathroom which after a scruffy beach bungalow, a stint on the night ferry and a long bus journey from Koh Tao, seemed all the more heavenly.

We relaxed in the room for a while before heading out on our trek. Since it was the rainy season, did get rather soaked but it made the views of the waterfalls all the more lovely with the high volumes of rushing water. Our guide was friendly and spoke pretty good English. He was able to tell us about the roles of the park rangers in conservation in the national park and all of the wildlife of the park as well as a few things about local Thai cuisine! Sadly, we didn't see any of the big 'beasts' so no elephants or tapirs on our trek they had we were told already moved up to slightly higher ground but we did see stick insects, tree frogs, Tugae chameleons and Dusky Langur monkeys... and heard some Gibbons! The half day trek lasted around 4 hours and cost 500THB per person plus 200THB per 'foreigner' to enter the national park. In fairness, you could probably have comfortably navigated around the trail fairly easily but I don't think I would have spotted any of the animals we did without our guide!

We followed our active afternoon with a very in-active evening having some food and wine at the resort restaurant in the evening. My partner highly recommended the chicken wrapped in coconut leaves as a starter - very fragrant and moist apparently!! I particularly enjoyed watching small mice, chipmunks and geckos running around the open air dining room, their antics raised a few smiles from all of the guests. It's perhaps worth nothing at this point that this resort is slap bang in the middle of the rainforest so the wildlife is very much part of the furniture, we didn't find anything at all huge and terrifying in our room but, perhaps if you are of a nervous disposition this isn't the right accommodation for you!

The resort staff were very eager to please and friendly too. They happily arranged a private car to take us back to Phuket airport this evening (slightly expensive perhaps at 3000THB, but for us the late hour of our flight makes it extremely convenient and comfortable) and because they were not expecting any new guests in our treehouse, the offered us the use of our room right up until we have to leave this evening which was both extremely generous and much appreciated!

All in all a quiet, secluded place to stay, just what we needed to chill out before returning home after the hustle and bustle of Koh Tao. In the wet season there's not much life in this area, there are a few bars and restaurants dotted around but none but our resort seemed to have much atmosphere. Extremely relaxing and idyllic resort with all of the rainforest sounds and lovely staff to meet your needs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Veila Anne,

Greetings from the southern jungle and thanks for spending your time reviewing us on Trip Advisor.
We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay at the Khao Sok Paradise resort.
The Paradise Resort is a small starless resort, but having worked in the five star industry for many years, I have trained my staff to higher service standards and we keep on upgrading our rooms every six months, our Manager, Chef, driver and future bartender all have experience in five star resorts.
All our tree houses now have: Large furnished balconies, free wifi internet, aircon, hot water, design bathrooms, latex mattresses, mini bars, Tea and coffee making facilities, H.D flat screen televisions with international channels, DVD players are also available on demand and we will have a DVD collection available for our guests at the lobby very soon.
I personally screened all the tour guides who are working with us, they are all experienced and all speak good English.
If you wish to see bigger animals, I would seriously recommend you to visit the Klong Saeng wild life sanctuary, which is located deep on the lake, this is one of the best spots to observe wild elephants, Guars and tapirs.

Thai style chicken wrapped in Panda leaves is one of our signature dishes, but I also highly recommend our Massaman curry and Penang curry served with Thai Jasmin rice.

We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back soon for another exceptional jungle experience.

Kind Regards,

Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I am very puzzled as to why this review was removed. I can only guess its because I included a remark that suggested to people to not do the elephant riding at this place. Tripadvisor email said that someone ( I am assuming management) had removed this review because it was not deemed *Written by Actual Travellers and that * it was not deemed relevent. I can assure you I have stayed at this resort as I even provided pictures I am reposting my review again and I would appreciate a response from management as to why this review was removed. I will also inquire about this to tripadvisor staff

My boyfriend and I stayed here in second week of July and we loved every moment of it.

Accommodation:

We stayed in a tree hut bungalow. I love the whole concept it looks like the inside of a tree trunk. The AC worked well, surprisingly no mosquito bites at all during the night which is great, when it rained sometimes pillows would get a bit wet but otherwise great, there was even a little tv that had some english channels. Bathroom was an interesting concept - its made very much to be a " with one with nature concept" so there is a huge hole right above bathtub ( through which tarantulas would sometimes come in haha) - also the shower had both cold and hot water, but the bathtub had only cold water? maybe there was a way to get hot water in bath tub and we didn't realize how don't know. We didn't use bath tub for that reason, and for the fact that a lot of leaves and durt fell into it when it rained but hey your in the jungle what are you going to do! We has some creepy crawlies but in bathroom only had no problems at all in bedroom. We found beds surprisingly comfortable and the bed covers soft.

Meals:
Meals are fantastic, Both thai dished and western dished are amazing the cook is amazing! I usually get tired after eating thai food for 3 days in a row not here! everything was good and now with cooking class we know how to cook the dishes! ( they send you recipes so you can cook at home after)

Service: Everyone was very friendly and always happy and smiling, its a very go at your own pace, yes the meal service can be slow ( but common give the people a break there is only one cook + 1 helper it took me 2 hours to create the dish that the cook prepared in half an hour) so just relax play some board games sip some wine,

Guides: - Are all fantastic, really know what they are doing really friendly

Tours:

We did the gibbon call package ( EXCLUDING ELEPHANT RIDING - more on that later) and everything was amazing - instead of doing the elephant riding we substituted it for a half day trek, the night safari was excellent, cooking class was excellent, canoeing was fun. I loved the lake trip however I found that the cave was quite dangerous during wet season and I would not bring my 5 or 6 year old into it as I was really scared and I'm 22, - the current inside the cave is fast, and you have to tightly grip the walls and navigate through, also there are parts you have to swim through as its quite deep so for safety reasons I would say during wet season 12 years old and up maybe, or well younger if their good swimmers. Also I would highly highly recommend doing lake trip privately, I like to go slowly and really stop and absorb my surroundings I fell a lot too because it was slippery, once I fell off back of a rock and hurt my knee cause guide was in front and wasn't watching, so pay the extra baht and have your own guide for the day and go at your own pace

Everything about this resort was excellent I just want to pause and take a moment to explain about why we did not do elephant riding here.

what most people do not know, is that riding on the back of an elephant in a 'trekking camp' is a very heavy burden for this huge animal. The neck and trunk are very strong, but the back of an elephant may support a maximum load of 100 kg. The seat only, weights about 50 kg, plus passengers... but this is not the only problem, sometimes the elephants have to work for 10 hours a day or even more. Some camps are also only provide a very basic diet or too little food for the elephants. For some of them, this is literally leading to exhaustion. The manager had commented earlier to my very first same review to say that they use a local person that only has 7 elephants which ok I am fine with however we talked to the couples that did go on the elephant riding I would be happy to provide dates and names if this is not clear and they said they stopped mid way through the trek because the mahout was using the hook and it made them really uncomfortable, and that the mahout was not treating this elephant very nicely. There are tours where you spend time with elephants but they roam free the whole day, you feed them and you bathe with them- they are free in a huge huge enclosure- this is done by Elephant Nature foundation has parks in Chiang Mai also in Surin and in Elephants World in kachanaburi

Now elephant welfare is a sensitive issue and I understand some people despite everything I said will still want to do elephant riding. - You can ask the resort to substitute it for a half day trek at no extra cost! ( which I recommend) - also I would love to see this resort develop an ethical animal friendly elephant day tour? ( In surin we walked with the elephants in forest, we bathed with the elephants, we fed them cucumbers sugarcane and watermelon, we learned about elephant welfare and conservation efforts all that without riding elephants - this was a mere suggestion to the resort, there is one resort in khao sok that offers a tour of just bathing, feeding and learning about elephants and I would urge the resort to consider partnering with them and offering this to the tourists- ( a more ethical alternative for the elephants) as their whole concepts is about nature I think this would be great) If you do care for elephants you will not do the elephant riding, like we didn't do it, besides that I have no complains about resort at all. I believe my review was deleted because I mentioned this personal opinion about elephants which for the life of me I don't really understand why as I am entitled to say this seeing as how I have travelled in almost every part of thailand, and also visited the surin project myself. I had rated this resort 5/5 and I would appreciate further details on this matter.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric L, M.D at Khao Sok Paradise Resort, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Julia,

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Our Khao Sok Paradise family appreciates the kind words and we have shared this to all team members to continue to impress and surprise our guests.
Please be reassured, I haven’t asked trip advisor to remove your review because of your comments regarding the elephant ride.
Thailand has a long history of the domestication and use of elephants. It is said that one of the first ever depictions of the Thai people occurs on a frieze at Angkor Wat showing a Thai military unit complete with war elephants.
Historically, elephants were used for transportation and war and reigning monarchs maintained a large elephant corps. In more recent history, elephants were employed in the timber industry in the same way that they continue to be used in Burma. This employment allowed the maintenance of significant numbers of elephants. However, that changed in 1989 when the Thai government banned the logging industry. Thousands of elephants were abruptly thrown out of work.
Some of these animals and their mahouts escaped over the border to continue plying their trade in Burma but many others were thrown into crisis
Often elephants were only leased by the logging companies and actually owned by comparatively poor villages or mahouts. Overnight, the elephant went from being the main bread winner in the family to an unaffordable outgoing; the cost of food and care being beyond the owners' means.
Some of the elephants found gainful employment in the tourist industry but many others are forced to eke out whatever existence they can.
Therefore, I personally believe that recycling elephants in the tourism industry is not wrong.
Of course some elephant farms in Thailand are ran by scrupulous businessmen, but I can guarantee you that I only use a small and elephant friendly farm ran by a local family and that they really look well after them.
Of course, I’m always open to discuss this matter and accept others people opinion.

We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back at the Khao Sok Paradise Resort.

Warm regards,

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at Paradise resort with my husband and 7 year old girl. During green season, we only have 1 hour rain.
When I booked, most of Tree house was already full, and I was suggested Bamboo house or Tree hut.
We stayed brand new Bamboo house which is very cute and cozy. The room is not so large, but we had very cute semi-open bathroom.
There is small garden and some tropical flowers blooming.

The staff is very very friendly. Since I made booking, the manager gave me lot of suggestion.
The restaurant was serving great food. Since I traveled in Thailand for 3 time, this food is one of best food.
The choice of menu is not so many, but if you stay only few days at Khaosok, I suggest to eat at this restaurant all the time.

We did canoeing, full day lake tour, and elephant trekking. Regarding the trekking, it is very relaxing. My 7 year old girl is enjoyed trekking so much.
The guide is very good and he is taking care of people very much. The boatman supporting our group. He made fun for kids, making hat from leaves and flute from bamboo etc.
About the cave - I think the water level and current is depends on the day especially during green season. When we were in cave, the water is not too high (I can still reach my feet in deepest point). Most of the cave is looks ok, but some place has strong current. If you go like after rain, the water level will be different. But It was very fun walking in the beautiful forest. Don’t’ miss it!

The elephant trekking is very nice. The manager recommended 1st tour which will start 7:00. It was great. We can go through beautiful morning mist forest with elephant.
The man is taking care of elephant very gently. My elephant was only 11 years boy, and he sometime doesn’t like to go muddy place. The man for the elephant, he is talking to the elephant so nicely and scratching elephant ears. Looks they are good friend.
It was great stay at Khaosok Paradise resort, and we really miss this place after we moved to Khaolak. We love to stay longer next time.

One thing… the bamboo house is apart from other tree house. During night, it’s pretty hard to find the way. I think it’s better to have some small light along the way, or be ready small flash light at cotage.

カオソックパラダイスリゾートに2泊しました。日本の方はカオラックやプーケットからの日帰りが多いようですが、是非泊まって朝の鳥の声や夜の虫の声を聞くことをおすすめします。

今回はツリーハウスが一杯で新しく出来たバンブーハウスに泊まりました。狭いのですが中庭とセミオープンのバスルームがついています。湯量は少ないですがお湯もきちんと出ます。部屋の前のテラスがすごく雰囲気良く、雨が降っている時にのんびりするのも気持ち良いです。

レストランはメニューは多くないのですが、レベルが高いです。タイ料理以外もこんな場所で!?と思うくらいのレベルの高さでした。

スタッフはとてもフレンドリーで、予約の段階から小さな質問にも的確にすぐに答えてくれてくれました。

ツアーは湖がお勧め。7歳の子どもでも難なく歩けます。ただ、洞窟に入りその中の流れがあるので、雨の翌日などは状況が変わるかもしれません。森を歩いて、洞窟の前で待っていることもできます。グループにはガイドの方と船の方の2人が付きますのですごく小さな子どもでなければ大丈夫かと思います。

エレファントトレッキングもプーケットやカオラックのよりも、もっと本格的な森の中を歩きます。なにより素敵なのが、象に対する対応。プーケットなどはよく先の尖った棒状のもので象の耳をひっぱったり、1頭の象に3人を乗せたりするのですが、こちらはそんなことはなく、常に話しかけてコントロールしていました。

このあとカオラックのマリオットに移動したのですが、家族3人ともこちらの方がい心地が良かったです。不便はところはあるけど、本当にリラックスできる素敵な場所でした。

Room Tip: Bamboo house has cozy terrace and semi-open bathroom. But tree house also looks nice. If we have cho...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Chilli_snow,

Thanks you for your kind words, it’s always a pleasure to read how the Khao Sok Paradise Resort has assisted in making your holiday in the land of smiles memorable.
Regarding the Path light we already installed solar lights along the way to the Thai Bamboo houses, however they don’t seems to be working that well during the raining season, therefore we will try to find an alternative solution for the coming high season.

We all look forward to welcome you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights in the deluxe family treehouse as a family with 2 children (11&14). We opted for the Adventure package of activities. We had really comfortable treehouses connected by a walkway. Rooms were clean, very comfortable and the large balconies had comfortable chairs to relax and enjoy the jungle views with chipmunks and birds on the trees next to it. We ate only in the excellent restaurant there - choice of Thai or Italian food. Superb green curry!

We enjoyed the activities in the Adventure package - highlight was the day lake trip (in a group of 12). Beautiful boat trip, lovely lunch at the rafthouse, and fun jungle walk and cave walk/swim. The walk is not far but you'll need shoes/clothes that will get completely wet. We had no concerns at all about safety and the pace seemed quite leisurely with our excellent guide. We also did the elephant ride and we were impressed by the good treatment of the elephants (see previous review). The elephants only carried 2 people at a time and their guides mostly walked alongside using voice commands rather than sticks. They went at a very steady pace and we fed them sugarcane treats at the end of the trip.

A beautiful spot for a wonderful few days.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Eric L, M.D at Khao Sok Paradise Resort, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear wilmshurstfamily,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is of tremendous value to how we can truly ensure how our guests return time after time.
We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we will have the chance to welcome you back soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We arrived here in the monsoon season so there was some rain but the facility was nice and the staff was very friendly. We went on joungle treking and the local guide in the national park had much knowledge of the wildlife.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Eric L, M.D at Khao Sok Paradise Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Henrik,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our Khao Sok Resort

Your Guide and Jungle specialist was Mr. Nopporn.
Originally from a small village located on the Tapee River in Suratthani, Mr. Nopporn has been living in Khao Sok for almost a decade and is the best guide when it comes to wild life observation and bird watching, he also has very good knowledge about the local flora in particular medicinal plants.

We are glad to learn you enjoyed our nature accommodation, and hope we will have the chance to welcome you back and give you another great Jungle experience in the Khao Sok national Park.

Yours sincerely,

Managing Director

Been to Khao Sok Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!