“Lovely caravan, facilities too small for amount of people on site” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cresswell
Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts
You added Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts to your Saves list
Cresswell Road, Cresswell NE61 5JT, England   |
Hotel deals
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely caravan, facilities too small for amount of people on site”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed for a long weekend at Cresswell Towers. The site is set in a lovely part of the country. On arrival we were checked in by very friendly and helpful staff. The caravan we had was clean, three bedrooms bathroom and another w.c. We had paid for the bedding in two caravans as we had booked another caravan for our mums. No bedding was in either caravan my hubby went to reception and the bedding was brought more or less straight away. The fires in both caravans kept going off but the heaters in the bedroom were fine. The caravan we stayed in was in a quiet area and we were not disturbed by others coming back.
We enjoyed the swimming, but more changing rooms are needed. The pool itself was lovely and warm with 2 life guards on duty.
The entertainment room was to small for the size of the site, we went in early sat night and could not get a table and chairs, which spoilt it for us as our little one missed out on the fun and meeting the characters.
The shop on site had a good selection of things and the lady was friendly.
This was our second visit to a Park Resorts stayed at Barmston Beach before, overall we would return but maybe to a site which has larger facilities.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments its always great to hear people have a great time on our Park. I’m glad to hear that your issue was remedied straight away. We are a very popular Park and the complex can get very busy at times. I will pass your comments to our Pool team and the rest of our team. We hope you enjoy your visit to one of our bigger Parks and hope to see you again here at Cresswell Towers again soon.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in October via a Sun offer.

Both reception staff were excellent, they both deserve credit as it sets the first impression, and they started it off very positively. Very helpful and full of information.

Got to the caravan and what can I say, we upgraded to platinum, and I could have lived there full time.. it had everything you could think of, including an en-suite main bedroom with a walk in wardrobe, a second bathroom with a toilet, bath and shower, an enclosed kitchen with full size under unit separate fridge and freezer, full central heating throughout, patio doors onto the balcony etc etc. The only thing it didn't have that it said it would was a DVD player.

The club room was okay, couldn't understand a word anyone said on the microphone though. The kids entertainment seemed okay although I didn't take much notice. I thought the visiting adult entertainment was dreadful. Saturday night was like watching the Peter Kay sketch 'In The Club' with his singer/bass player duo 'Park Avenue', only Peter Kay was better than what we were watching...

The bar was expensive'ish but the bar staff were very friendly and helpful.
We didn't use the pool area but it looked okay.

A few niggles:
I called the week before to ask if linen was included, and they said no. The receptionist specifically stated on our arrival that 'linen is not included so I presume you have your own?'. Yet, sure enough, it was included.

Bingo books. It was against the rules to buy more than 6, which meant you all had to queue if you all wanted to play. Is it illegal or something? Bizarre... although I liked their idea of linking up the other Park Resort sites to increase the money you were playing for.

The sun offer. Four adults in a platinum caravan with free entertainment passes cost £190. We've used these Sun offers many times but I'm starting to think it's possible to get a very similar, if not cheaper, last minute deal by going direct to the site.

I would recommend staying here and using the bar for the odd drink, but don't expect staff shows or quality visiting entertainment like you would get at a Haven site.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments I’m glad your accommodation exceeded your expectations and you had a good time. I’m sorry the complex did not meet your requirements and that you could not make the entertainment out. Hopefully we will see you again where you will find you will not experience these problem again, as we do try to evaluate, learn and improve on our Parks.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Came for Friday to Monday of half term for £100 for six of us (2 kids). Got a 4 bedroom caravan with 2 toilets, central heating etc. fantastic value. Good club, good food, WILL come back. Discovery centre in Newcastle and Bamburgh castle further up for days out.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your comments its great to hear that you had a great time here at Cresswell Towers. We are centred in an idyllic part of the countryside and yet just a number of miles from some lovely towns and of course Newcastle. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit here at Cresswell Towers.
North East of England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We have had the pleasure of returning to this resort park at the beginning of October. And once again enjoyed a very nice holiday. Not far from the beach too. Plenty of places to visit from Cresswell, Ashington, Amble, Morpeth are not too far away. The caravan was spacious and spotless, and nicely situated. Everything in it that we needed. The staff in reception when booking in were very efficient. Also entertainment staff very good too. We stayed there at the beginning of October, and was a little sad not to see Christina, who earlier in the year when we there, our children thought the world of her. (I'm surprised in a comment on here on the 13th October, they mentioned seeing Christina) at the same time as were there !!!. The shop on site, from the last time to now, was a pleasure to go in, the manageress was so helpful in anything we asked her for. Nothing was a trouble. And to be fair, we feel we must say how tidy and clean this shop is now.

Anyone wanting to book a holiday at this resort, please do so, as we will be returning again in 2014.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments we are situated next to a beautiful beach of which we always get great comments about. We strive to create a perfect holiday for all our guest and the fact that you have visited us on a number of occasions shows that we are getting it right. I will pass on your positive feedback to the team and tell them to keep up the hard work. We look forward to seeing you again here at Cresswell Towers.
Fife
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have stayed on this park quite a few times now so I know the pluses and minuses and my expectations are pitched accordingly. The site is small and has limited entertainment with small clubhouse, pool and shop. This is exactly why I like it. I come because I want to stay in and enjoy, a really beautiful area without being swamped by tons of people staying up late and making a racket. I usually ask for a quiet area and they usually provide it.

I know to upgrade my caravan and I know what "gold plus" means here. I don't expect happy smiley staff and my expectations about cleanliness are not high. I would never dream of staying in a bronze (though have done happily on other sites).

The good - very welcoming and helpful guy on reception (Mike?) on arrival. Continued being smiley and helpful throughout. Even went so far as to print off tide times for crossing to Holy island. Star! He should be used to train other staff. Seriously! Gold Plus caravan - lovely. Very clean van - some suspiciously smeary glasses but can hardly fault the site for that as I doubt they have time to check them all. Given the quiet area I asked for.

The quibbles - no bedding provided for gold plus? Sorted out by nice smiley man, though duvet cover provided didn't actually fit the duvet on the bed. Stained mattress. Is there a bigger no no for a holiday? Don't they watch Four in a Bed? Had to seriously shut my mind to this one. I beg you, put mattress protectors on them. No path from parking space to van. And it rained constantly. We toddled into the van and took a look around before realising we had just trailed mud in. (Did my best to clean it.) Really should sort this. Wi-fi - provided only in the clubhouse. Not possible to do anything much on line when the throb of loud music keeps you constant company. Could it be extended into the vans? Or at least some of them? And the staff...... bless! Only crossed paths with two apart from smiley helpful man. Girl in the bar and lady in the shop. Surly. Unhelpful. Faces never broke into any kind of smile. Note to Mr Smiley man - train them up man, train them up! And finally, patio doors on the van - leading precisely nowhere. Come on - bit of decking? Even a step? Gold plus!

Over the years I have grown to quite love this wee site. It is its own wee unique self. Trick is to read the detail and keep expectations low. Then anything is a bonus. Park surroundings are lovely. Wooded and quiet. Druiridge Bay I find stunning. Beautiful area to drive around. Lots of lovely villages, quirky shops, lovely wee tea rooms, historic sites. All things worth coming for. No doubt I will be back.

Room Tip: Upgrade as high as you can. I contacted site direct for an upgrade and was told not possible as scho...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Grantham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Should have stayed here 19-26 October. Very unhappy with caravan as I paid just under £400 for a week in a silver graded caravan. No door mats so mud got trailed straight in, cooker would not ignite, Paid extra for travel cot for baby but it wouldn't fit in the living room with the sofa bed out! Had far more space in a bronze van at Easter at cayton bay!! Ended up having to pay to transfer to another site an hours drive away & upgrading to gold, only when email confirmation came through the bloke had stuck on an extra £25 cancellation fee without telling us, just said price was difference between the 2 parks & gold upgrade! - still waiting for money to be refunded

• Stayed October 2013
I am extremely disappointed that you weren’t happy with your accommodation. We always recommend that you tell reception of any problems with your accommodation on arrival as they may have been able to move you to another caravan if it wasn’t big enough. We always try to meet all our guests’ requirements, but unfortunately we cannot always do this and instead, we will offer to move to another Park for the upgrade. I am really sorry about your stay, maybe one of our different parks will suit you and your family.
cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

very nice small well run family site . near to a lovely beach . staff very helpful ,Stephen on reception helpful .,Wesley entertainment host very enthusiastic and very good at his job .
great location for visiting castles going to see the seals and walking, running and cycling .
A very nice area for a family holiday lots to do .
this site is very nice because it is small and not too "brash "

Room Tip: dont be afraid to go out of season lots to do just wrap warm
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay here with us at Cressewell Towers. Wesley is always very energetic in and out of work and is a pleasure to work with and Stephen is so good and takes pride in making holidays. It is a great base for the surrounding area and because we are a smaller park we can make it a lot more personal and spend that extra time to make our guests holidays abit more special. Thank you again for your great feedback and hope to see you next year.

Been to Cresswell Towers Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!