Stayed here 22nd June following a excellent stay a few weeks earlier.We used a voucher £85.00. On arrival were informed we had been upgraded to the bridal suite.This is possibly the best hotel room we have stayed in (we have stayed in some good hotel rooms) it was spotlessley clean and more an apartment than a room.Panoramic views of the country side out of five windows its located above the main entrance and really quiet we never heard any noise while we were staying here .Large (and i mean large)bed.Flat screen wall mounted t/v.dining table and four chairs.two double sofas.Bathroom had large free standing roll top bath (easily big enough for two).his & hers sinks,large corner shower cubicle.We went down to the Grouse & Claret bar for tea and muffins could not decide between sweet or savoury so got one of each and shared both were excellent wife had coffee which incurred a small supliment but was nothing considering the service we recieved while in there.Went for a short walk left at the end of the drive follow the road to the bridge then along the river Derwent to a nearby caravan park.Easy getting there did not realise it was uphill coming back but built up an appetite for dinner.This was in the Guinevere restauraunt three courses and a bottle of wine ( i dont drink so the wife was happy).Again could not fault the food or service amazed the waitor Savos remembered us from our earlier visit .He looks after your every need has a cheeky sence of humour sand realy adds to a pleasurable experience.Did not have time to use the Spa facilities again but no doubt we will retun and try them another time.Breakfast in the Guinevere restaurant and Savos was there again dont think he ever goes to bed.Excellent once again large selection to choose from and did not have to wait very for it to be cooked.Checking out was a pleasure even though there was some sort of cycle club checking out at the same time.did not take to long and receptionist was very organised and professional. As i have said before a hotel is nothing without good staff and team work and this is definatley an excellent hotel.Have just discovered they have directions for two hour and four hour walks available from reception so will have to try one next time we arethere.My only problem is now the wife wants the bridal sweet everytime we stay .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully set in twenty acres of Northumberland countryside and overlooking the Derwent Valley, Derwent Manor offers the warmest of welcomes. With its country house ambiance, elegant decor and professional team, this is the ideal venue for business and leisure guests alike. Derwent Manor boasts 48 spacious en-suite bedrooms , doubles, double x doubles and suites many with stunning views over the Northumberland countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your BEST WESTERN Derwent Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel Allensford
- Best Western Northumberland
- Best Western Hotel Northumberland