Recently me and my wife and 2 year old daughter stayed at The Derwent Manor. We experienced a great welcome from the manager who was very helpful. Our room was spacious and well decorated apart from the bathroom which was a little tired looking and looked like something our of a prize off a re-run of Bullseye from the 80's.
On our first night we went for dinner which was included in our package, we were seen to promptly and seated without fuss. It seemed like we were on 'the deal menu' which consisted of a few choices per course. The usual soup, stroganoff, ice cream were part of the deal menu but even things like Potato skins had a supplement charge against them, It seemed to me like they made the choices included in our package sound so bland and tasteless that you had to order from the supplement menu to get any sort or flavour or satisfaction from your evening meal - All at £5 each!
You will also notice that the drinking water looks like one of the waiters has had a pee in it! This is due to the fact that it comes from a natural spring and is triple filtered and has not been added to by the shady looking waiter. I didn’t take his word for it and left it to one side!
On the 2nd day we spent some time looking round the local area and then went back to use the swimming pool on site which was fantastic, really clean and unusually the pool was lovely and warm. Better still you could still in the Jacuzzi and beckon the waiter to bring over a stiff G&T while you over look the kids splashing in the pool or the old dears desperately trying to keep their hair out of the water while they slowly make their way back and forth up and down the pool.
On the 2nd night we decided to ditch the restaurant and eat in the bar using the bar menu, which wasn't included in our package. It was Fab! I had the burger which was amazing and if i stayed there again I would eat there both nights.
Breakfast was also a treat, giving you just enough to see you through to lunchtime.
I would recommend staying there and would go back, just don't drink the water..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully set in twenty acres of Northumberland countryside and overlooking the Derwent Valley, Derwent Manor offers the warmest of welcomes. With its country house ambiance, elegant decor and professional team, this is the ideal venue for business and leisure guests alike. Derwent Manor boasts 48 spacious en-suite bedrooms , doubles, double x doubles and suites many with stunning views over the Northumberland countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Derwent Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel Allensford
- Best Western Northumberland
- Best Western Hotel Northumberland