“no respect” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Farthinghoe B&B and Inns
Northampton, United Kingdom
“no respect”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

pre fathers day meal - not cheap but always had good experience prior to this - special family meal.
food good as usual, man who was front of house brusque, rude and dismissive. Two tier service - posh ladies get kisses and plenty of attention. Normal every day people beware you will only be tolerated. bar staff waiting staff brilliant.
when complained to owner he asked for my e mail address - over a week later and sent my e mail address again - still no response. wanted to give them a chance to resolve problem - realise negative review can ruin business - not to be taken lightly. first negative review I have ever written.
There is a lack of respect or customer service

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
South Northants
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Have eaten here several times and the last occasion was a family lunch over the Jubilee week end. We were in fact celebrating 5 family birthdays which ocurred within a 5 week period. Food as always was very satisfying. The menu is quite varied from Fish and Chips served in a paper bag to an excellent locally produced Aberdeen Angus sirloin steak. My growing grandson had a massive burger which would be a challenge to any man. All in all a very pleasant lunch in a very friendly atmosphere

Room Tip: this is a restaurant review
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
banbury
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I didnt eat here but just called in for a drink as I was passing but I won't be calling again as I fekt the bar prices for a village pub were well over the top. Nice looking place but never again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Buckingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

We had an ad hoc meal here as we used to enjoy it. What has happened? The menu was too long - usually a sign of bought in food and this appeared to be no exception. The waiter was brusque and faintly patronising. Our drinks order took a while to come. The food was uninspiring. The whitebait was alright but tasteless. The main courses were dull and stodgy and utterly forgettable. The atmosphere was one of rush to turnover customers. The decor was nice - at least that hasn't been altered! All in all I could not and have not recommended this pub. A shame as it used to be so good and such a treat.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Farthinghoe hotels

Bicester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Compliments to the chef!

My wife and I had the most exquisite meal at the fox and we can't tell you how much we enjoyed the evening, decor and setting.

On a negative note we felt it inappropriate a bar manager, I think his name was Nick? Gave my wife a kiss on both cheeks while entering the bar. As new customers we felt this over the top and as my wife put it, sleezy! Feeling quite shocked by this we moved onto our table without complaining at the time. Later on in the evening we caught him wiping the sweat off his face with his top, quite disgusting I'm sure you will agree.

Not wanting to end on a complaint, we thank you for your hospitality at the Fox and hope this incident will not happen again and was a one off. Maybe mistaken identitity on the bar managers part as regards to my wife?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Imagine....
A beautiful summers evening,
An attractive country gastro pub,
We arrive early for an unexpected evening out,
We decide on the most expensive item on the menu,
New bottle steak - a local farm specialising in organic meat.

The reality......
A sour faced waitress,
Flies,
And a £20 steak that was only half edible,
And,
A lack of concern about leaving half the food served.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Blandford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We were lucky enough to stay at the Fox as our son chose it as the venue for his 30th birthday party.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful; the food provided for the party was probably the best buffet style spread I can remember having; the room was of a high standard of decor and very comfortable.
The pub does not serve full breakfast, but during the evening a selection of cereals, fresh fruit, fresh milk in a thermos flask, and croissants were left in our room for the morning. This seems such a simple but clever idea - I'm surprised nowhere else has ever thought of it! I was also very impressed that the tea and coffee facilities in the room included a cafetiere and pot of fresh ground coffee. A detail which I have not seen before and much appreciated!
I would love to visit again for dinner one day.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fox at Farthinghoe? Share your experiences!