“A local favourite” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Inn   |   Queens Road | Hannington, Hannington SN6 7RP, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hannington B&B and Inns
“A local favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

I go here fairly frequently for both business and leisure. The food is always of a very good, informal standard with a warm welcome.

I will continue to visit and am looking forward to the Winter months when the fire will be lit :-)

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Wiltshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

I had lunch, hadn't been to The Jolly Tar for years and it had some good reviews on Trip Advisor so we thought we would give it a go. My husband and I had homemade steak and ale pie and my daughter had Cajun chicken. My daughter enjoyed her food but she is only 13 and likes simple plain food. However, my husband and I were very disappointed with our's. It cost over £10 so we were expecting it to be quite a hearty meal, there was hardly any filling and it came with frozen french fries and random tomato and a very soggy mushroom, both of which I think were there to fill out the plate. The actual pub is nice but we could have got the same meal for a fraction of the cost at a hungry horse. Location is not enough, you need to put in some effort, hence why the pub was empty on a lovely Friday lunchtime.

• Stayed October 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

A great pub/hotel.
I could not fault the staff helpful, polite and courteous. The rooms are stable conversions and the one I was in was rather small but as I was alone so that wasn't an issue. Perfectly clean and well equipped room with parking right outside the door.
The bar area had a great selection of drinks on draught.
The food is exceptional I had a 500 gsm Flat Iron steak 1 of the best steaks I've ever had, I will certainly visit again.
There was no in room wifi as I was too far away but free wifi in the bar area.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Very welcoming pub with excellent accommodation. Very friendly and helpful staff, food was lovely and freshly cooked, plenty of choice for leisurely breakfast. Would definitely return if visiting the area again.

Room Tip: All rooms looked good, Wi fi only available within the pub/restaurant.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Swindon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

This charming little pub is worth searching out. It serves some really good pub grub and their beers are well looked after.
It works for a simple meal or would be ideal if you're looking for somewhere to celebrate a special occasion.
The staff are friendly and service is quick and cheerful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

We stayed here for one night as part of our journey home from Devon. We arrived before the pub was open & despite being told how to make ourselves known by ringing the bell, this didn't seem to be working & my partner had to wander round knocking on doors & windows til he made the landlord hear.The ground floor room was great, big enough & with a good en-suite, & it was only a short step to the dining conservatory. The meals were interesting, not all the usual things & the service was good although maybe we had to wait quite a while for our starter but they were very busy. We had a good nights sleep & enjoyed the breakfast, plenty of choice & again friendly service from the landlord. Despite there being a time to check out we were told not to hurry, just leave when we were ready. All in all a very pleasant stay, we would return if in that area.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Derby, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2014

We were staying down to attend an evening wedding reception and found this great place in Hannington for 75 pounds. The rooms are all clean and modern and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had no idea where we were going and the owner arranged a taxi for us and made sure we were looked after. I would definitely stay here again to explore the local area as it is lovely. The pub I also served great food and had a very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Jolly Tar? Share your experiences!