“Perfect wedding venue! ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Dog & Gun Country Inn

The Dog & Gun Country Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Potto
The Dog & Gun Country Inn
You added The Dog & Gun Country Inn to your Saves list
Cooper Lane, Potto Dl6 3HQ, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Potto B&B and Inns
“Perfect wedding venue! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Having just been to an engagement party, we came to the dog & gun - to the most beautiful surroundings, decor, bedrooms, comfiest and biggest beds. Best nights sleep in a long time, very high standards!

With both of us working in hospitality, I would not hesitate to highly recommend this place, to anyone visiting the North East.

One of the coolest pub signs we've ever seen

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Stockton on Tees
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed overnight last weekend, not for any other reason than to relax and enjoy a quiet weekend with my husband. Couldnt fault anything from the initial welcome to the final goodbye. Standards throughout were first class: decor, cleanliness, food (lunch/dinner/breakfast), customer service. Well done, loved it :)

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Guisborough
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2014

As a family we like to go out on Christmas eve for a nice meal and this is the start of our Christmas celebrations, upon a recommendation we booked a table for 4 here and researched on the website the menus ect, when I telephoned to book I specifically asked if the menu would be available on the night and was assured that yes it would be. When we arrived we had the place to ourselves as no one else seemed to be eating in the restaurant, it was very cold and there was only a small heater placed in the room. When the menus were brought we were informed that there was only the lunch menu available, this was certainly not what we were led to believe prior to booking, to say we were disappointed was an understatement, although the person serving was apologetic it was a waste of a special night for us. I would of rather them telephone me and explain this and then we could of had the chance to book somewhere else, so sorry dog and gun I will not be returning or recommending you at all. Bad customer service to say the least. !!!!! Linda Fawcett.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014

I'm not one to post things on here but due to the response received from the owners today I feel it I'd only right that I share my experience.

We booked to spend Christmas Day at The Dog and Gun as previous experiences here have been brilliant. However, our most recent experience on Christmas Day did not live up to this.

We were situated in the conservatory/tent area of the restaurant. Upon booking I asked if this area would be warm enough and was assured that it would be heated prior to our arrival and would be definitely be warm. Unfortunately, it wasn't. Many of us spent the whole meal shivering. There was one heater, and a draft continuously blowing under the table across our feet, and even when the tent was stapled down it made no difference. We raised out concerns a number of times throughout the meal and I am aware that another table also raised their concerns at the temperature of the room where we located but also, with no joy.

In addition the service of the meal was very slow. We waited an hour between finishing the starter and receiving our main. I'd ordered a children's meal for my 7 year old daughter but because of the slow service it meant she didn't receive a meal until after 14.00, as there is no starter included in children's meals. In the end we had no choice but to resort to buying her a packet of crisps.

As a result of the issues raised above, my dad had to leave the meal early. Due to his ill health he was no longer able to sit cold whilst waiting for the dessert, which meant we were unable to finish our meal as a family.

I'm really disappointed with the service we received on Christmas Day and the temperature we had to endure for the best part of three hours. What was supposed to be an enjoyable day with the family was hampered by the conditions and service of the meal.

Harvey was very apologetic and I appreciate the restaurant was fully booked so there was no option to move us. However, I'm disappointed that neither of the management/owners (who were both available that day) approached us directly to address the issues raised.

I would urge people reading this review to also read the two reviews left on the old Dog and Gun page from families who raised the same issues Christmas Day. This page is still accessible through google and these reviews were meant for this page.

• Stayed December 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

Have to confess that we found this place completely by accident in the summer when we were looking for lunch. Very impressed at the time so decided to try the B n' B offer the next time we were in the area.

Based upon the current tariff (Sept 2014), this is excellent value for money; The room we had was large and well - appointed with a huge comfortable bed, good bathroom and many other facilities (Bose dock, XBox games etc).

The food in the evening was very good too. A short menu (to us a good indicator) with options for all. The service was excellent, the food fresh, very well cooked and presented.

A small but select breakfast menu but still served with all the attentiveness with which we will associate this little hidden gem.

We'll be staying here again.

Room Tip: Our room 2, was a standard Twin/double. the bed was vast and the bathroom spacious. All the guest ro...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stayed for two nights to visit friends in the area. We originally booked for one night but later rang to ask if we stayed a second night could we have the second night slightly cheaper, this was refused. However, the bathroom shower gel and shampoo used on the first night were not replaced for the second, nor were the sheets changed. One annoying thing, there is no shaver point in the bathroom. A nice robe is supplied, but no slippers! Having said that the room we had, 3, was spacious and immaculate, the shower was powerful and hot. The staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfast is excellent. On Monday evening they do a good value steak night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Just perfect. Very clean, friendly, spacious - decent food too. Stayed for business only because a little south of Teeside and I was travelling late so wanted somewhere easy to get to. Would go out of my way to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Dog & Gun Country Inn? Share your experiences!