We booked a Sunday night at Burythorpe on their special offer in May which offered a reduced tariff price, together with a free upgrade if a better room was available on the date. What a room! We stayed in Newburgh which was lovely and as we found out later, the most expensive " bridal suite".
We cannot fault the friendly welcoming staff and the food both at dinner and at breakfast. It was a refreshing change to have a breakfast served at table and cooked to order instead of the more common hot and cold buffet now offered by even the more expensive hotel chains.
We cannot comment about the much complained about leisure facilities as we did not use them, or even venture to look at them.
The house itself is not perfect, but if you are happy to live with little imperfections here and there(we were) and you like the country house set up then it makes for a really pleasant stay, surrounded by lovely countryside.
- Also Known As:
- Burythorpe House Hotel Burythorpe
- Burythorpe House Hotel
- Burythorpe Hotel Malton
- Burythorpe House North Yorkshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Burythorpe House is a boutique country house hotel close to York. Combining a relaxed, house-guest atmosphere, a renowned restaurant and stylish, individually-appointed bedrooms, the hotel makes a unique base for a few days of relaxation and exploring beautiful North Yorkshire. We are especially proud of our restaurant, the Priory, where chef Kevin Mulraney produces creative dishes based on the very best local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Burythorpe House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.