“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lian
Manila, Philippines
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Been going to the club for nearly 30 years. Much improved now with the addition of new accommodation which has everything you need, coffee and tea making facilities, mini bar, cable tv and very clean. Located right on the beach although the club has its own pool. Great food and drinks available almost 24/7

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms in the block next to the beach are certainly the best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Annapolis Greenhills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Me and my friends stay @ Coral Beach Club.. We stayed @ Merion..So lovely... the room is clean good for 3 persons with t.v, ref, ac and towels,shampoo,soap and also free 2 bottle water in that room.. Next, STAFFS are accomodating, FOODS - are great & they serve it with cover... Breakfast which includes hot choco & fruit juice.. For FRUIT SHAKE, dont like watermelon i think 3 bite size of it only mixed.. (Request)it should be more than 3 slices so it taste true like watermelon, for mango shake ..hmmm... it just like concentrated mango...THE BAR - we love the shooters, and below zero SMB... and that time we experience on and off brownout, but their generators are ready..We also played billiards, swimming pool is nice.That time the owner's daughter celebrate her bday, they invite us to sing with them free use of videoke.. BODY massage - very relaxing once you tried it, very cool! the PLACE is so peaceful and relaxing.. If will go back to Batangas, will stay again @ Coral Beach Club Resorts..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Cavite City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I’m looking for a romantic getaway for me and my husband to celebrate Valentine’s Day.

I’m searching the net for a good place to go to. There are so many resorts and hotels in Batangas, so for me to decide which one, I checked TripAdvisor and found Coral Beach Club having the most positive feedback on all of the resorts in Matabungkay. I chose Matabungkay because the travel time is much lesser. We’re from Cavite so our travel time is merely one hour and a half.

I booked via email and phone call without paying any reservation fee (that’s great). Because its love month (February) they have this Valentines Promo which includes room accommodation, romantic dinner for two (which I love the most) and breakfast.

The check in time is 2pm, since we don’t know the way to get there at Coral Beach Club we left early around 10am. We arrived at 12nn, it’s so early from the check in time so I assume that our room is not yet ready but when I check with the receptionist she said that our room is ready. That’s very sweet because they arranged our room ahead of time.

The room is so spacious that it can accommodate 6 to 8 persons and it so clean. The bed is huge for the two of us. I love the blanket and pillow it’s so comfy. They put flowers on the bed for a romantic ambiance, the room has two chairs and a coffee table, small refrigerator with cold drinks inside, electric kettle, free coffee, tea and sugar, and they also have an electronic safe where you can put your valuables.

I checked the bathroom and it’s very clean you will find clean towels, hair dryer, shampoo, soap and tissue supply. Actually I can stay in the room all day if I want to. It also has flat screen television and a super cold air conditioner. By the way the name of our room is Tiger woods.
After arranging our things, we check the resort .It has a small swimming pool and a Jacuzzi. Since the swimming pool is small my husband didn’t called it as swimming pool he called it soaking pool because you can’t even swim because when you swim from the other side to the other side it will only take 4seconds. The resort is nice because even if it’s small it is so clean and all of the staffs are very friendly.

The resort has their own restaurant the food is great. A little bit pricey but it’s reasonable. I love the mango shake it’s so fresh. My husband ordered for a watermelon shake but it’s not that flavorful actually it’s tasteless. I love everything in Coral Beach Club, except one thing. The BEACH itself, you can’t even swim on the beach because are lots of weeds, seashells, you can’t even take off your slippers because if you do, I swear you will have bruise on your feet because of the corals on the sand.

If you want to relax, Coral Beach Club is good for you. I and my husband enjoyed our stay and we will come back.

Room Tip: Tiger Woods is okay, but it’s near to the staircase so sometimes you will hear the footsteps of the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed at Coral Beach for 5 nights at the beginning of Feb as we were attending a wedding on Matabungkay Beach. The room was lovely and clean with everything you could need in it. It was cleaned every day. A large comfortable bed and the air conditioning was very effective, overall a very comfortable room. Being out of season it was very quiet and peaceful but the upkeep of the whole resort was excellent. Preparations were being made for Valentines Day. The check in and check out were very easy with all our food and drinks having been put on the tab. Having kept a check on our likely spend I was delighted that when presented with the final bill, it matched my workings out. We paid for it all by credit card. Lovely staff, great little pool - all in all, a great place to spend a few days. We will definately return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

You get what you pay for. The rooms are very basic but clean. We had shampoo in sachet and instant coffee/tea with electric kettle in the room. A small fridge too. We were on the 2nd floor and water pressure was on the weak side with hot water taking a long while to get there. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Attentive without being obtrusive. The masseuses were good. Don't be fooled by their small bodies. They keep their property and beach front clean and orderly. It's very peaceful and relaxing. The food that we had was decent to good. With a Deuxe room, you get a view of the beach out your window. The overall design concept was native and quaint without being kitschy. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Only 2 rooms face the beach. The Deluxe ones. Higher rooms may have less water pressure.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Rooms - the rooms are basic but clean. Overall, no complaints.

Food - the restaurant food is good but a little bit pricier than you might expect at this type of place.

Spa - There is a spa on right there at the resort. They have three beds. They were able to accommodate me and two others in my party on the spot. The massage was wonderful! They are open until 10 pm so you can have an evening massage too.

Activities - The beach itself isn't good for sunbathing, etc. You can rent bamboo rafts that will take you a little bit out and then you can jump into the water from there. I think we paid around 1000 pesos for the day. There were 10 people in my party and we fit comfortably on the raft. You can order food from the restaurant and they will bring it out onto the raft for you. You can also pre-order seafood the day before and then they will grill it for you on the raft. We also rented a paddle boat for 1.5 hours and that cost around 300 pesos. The paddle boat will take you further out where the snorkeling is better. The water is very clear and you can see many fishes and corals. There were also two sea turtles in the area at the time but I was not able to find them.

All in all, it was a very fun trip and I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
1,160 reviews 1,160 reviews
2,735 helpful votes 2,735 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had booked by email and did not pay a deposit.

Checkin took all of five seconds.

There are 14 rooms in a total of two by two storey neat blocks together with a further two ground floor only. Another six will shortly be open in a third double storey block.

My room was named 'Baltusrol' and was spotless. It had a comfortable foam double bed with classy stone-coloured eiderdowns (doonas) and good quality sheets. Tghe pillows were comfortable. There was a quiet, efficient spilt system airconditioning unit while the room had two nice chairs and a desk lit by a fluoro desk lamp. There was free tea and coffee.

The bathroom had a good shower but no shampoo or conditioner was provided. For P3800 a double (which did not include breakfast) I would have expected this. There was a light over the basin to facilitate shaving. The toilet seat refused to stay up: annoying for a male. This needs to be fixed.

The outlook from the room was pleasant with the small pool very clean and not over chlorinated.

The restaurant served excellent fish and chips, nice mango shakes (but were out of banana shakes - why?) although the pancake served for breakfast was extremely doughy and tasted undercooked. In contrast, the hot chocolate was pleasant.

The beach is OK but not the quality of those that I have found on numeous Visayan (central island group) and Mindanoan (southern Islands group). There was a bit of rubbish further along the shore but not as much as some previous posters had described. There are floating bangka-type rafts available on which to while away the hours drinkingh.

We enquired about snorkelling but were told that it's a 15 minute boat ride away with a minimum charge of P500 for each of four persons - that is, P2000, so we declined.

The resort had a lot of guests (including Manila-based expats) and seemed very well run. That it is expanding on its fairly small block of land says volumes about how well it is regarded. The expats would not keep coming if not for word of mouth as it does not have a very good Internet site.

While not as good as many Visayan or Mindanaoan beaches, it's a pleasant place to spend a weekend with travel time from makati about four hours in heavier traffic or three hours in light traffic.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Coral Beach Club? Share your experiences!