“Closest Paradise to Manila” 4 of 5 stars

La Luz Beach Resort
San Juan, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in San Juan
manila
“Closest Paradise to Manila”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

Just to name a few highlights of La Luz Resort:
1. Lagest beachfront - also includes area with coral and fishes. Snorkeling area a few meters from the beach.
2. Clean rooms - well-maintained as evidenced by the white-color grout between tiles=; separate bathroom and toilet in rooms; toilet with functioning bidet; High-pressure hot water also available
3. Relatively peaceful - no videoke facilities or loud music; no TV in rooms (who needs TV when you're trying to get away from the city, anyway)
4. Appropriately-lit cabanas where you can have your massage along along the beach for only P250/hr.
5. Great staff - well-trained and well-mannered; visible security
6. Excellent food - buffet food tastes
7. Value for money - considering the above, price is surprisingly one of the least expensive in the area.
8. Clean beach - clear waters; floating barge near the shore also a plus!

I will definitely go back to this place over and over again.

Stayed January 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

I couldnt recall which exact month we came here for a group Team building but it was last summer 2008, well we always have a team building every year when I was working in a call center before, our Supervisor choose this place for us we went there right after our shift which ends 1pm, well its kinda far for first timers and the road going to it is kinda rough, if you will be bringing a car it will be tough we have a revo that time and upon reaching the nearest part you need to go up hill and its very difficult for a car to manage specially if you have lots of things inside you might want to get down and push it hehe!!! But on the beach it self after all those torturous hours of travelling upon seeing the beach will sure freshen you up, we had arrived there almost late afternoon and the afternoon meal is almost over but upon arriving there the staff immediately fill in the buffet for us even though they are preaparing for dinner already, the sand there actually is not powder but like pebbles so when its hot you might want to wear a sandals or your feet will burn:) During our stay the beach it self is very clean far afar you could see the blue water enticing you to come, regarding the staff well I must say they are also good because when I inform them that I lost my camera in the room after checking out they immediately ask the cleaners and help me to find it luckyly it was found already by my team mate and just waiting for me in the vehicle although I appreciate their help. About the food for like us people who are food lovers I must say they satisfied our hunger and most of us are full every meal we took on the buffet, the rooms are just fine simple enough and big for our group although theres nothing more they offer like shampoo soap but its ok we bring our own instead,I just wish we could saty longer but due to the nature of our work in a call center we only stayed overnight , oh one more thing we didnt have to pay for the reservation we just call them and confirmed it and the main problem during that time we dont have the money because that is the time Metrobank system are nation wide down for the whole day so we couldnt take our money even over the counter, so we just ask our office to deposit the payment in their account in manila the next day so we can leave. Over all I will still surely stay in this beach next time.

• Stayed May 2008
mla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

my partner and i have tried different resorts there at laiya :)
and it never failed.... we still go back to la luz for more!
we've compared it to low and high prices resorts there
and la luz still won our hearts for giving us the relaxation we always need :)
love their beach

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Beaverton, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

My wife and her family traveled to La Luz with me for an overnight stay. We had a wonderful time. The rooms are very nice, plenty of room for six of us in the family rooms. The food was great, more than enough to eat. The place was VERY relaxing. My only wish was that we would have had two or three more days there! I didn't give this a 5 star only because I wish the water would have been a little cleaner. It was pretty darn good, but I did see some plastic wrappers in the ocean. Not the fault of this resort though, I believe, more a result of the travelers not policing themselves very well, but this is a common theme in the Philippines.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
makati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

I made an early reservation so as to avoid the hassles of last-minute booking. Since that was our 3rd year in la luz, i already had an idea what to expect in the resort. What i like most about this resort is their affordable rates (you can get a pretty decent accommodation at P1,800.00) and the food at P1,050 per head (4 meals/buffet) is quite reasonable. “Less is better” - they don't offer too much amenities which is a plus factor for us because we are actually looking for a place where we could bond while communing with nature. The serene atmosphere will give you a sense of peace and tranquility. It was a long drive though.. it took us almost 4 hours to get there, but it was worth it. I would suggest though that they do something about the road leading to the parking lot…. Its kinda bumpy, hilly and will give you quite a rough time. Early arrival in the resort is allowed but the check-in time for the room is at 1:00 p.m. That’s alright because they do provide “cabanas” which are perfect for resting and big enough to accommodate quite number of guests. You will be welcomed by “friendly” staff and ice-cold drink (aren’t there supposed to be garlands too? lol). You can take a break after a lavish lunch before taking a dip into the fresh blue sea. The sand is not too fine as compared with that of boracay but that’s bearable enough (for those who have sensitive feet, I suggest you wear aqua shoes or slippers). You can tire yourself the whole day (doing snorkeling, volleyball, kayaking, picture taking, frisbee-ing – or whatever you wanna do) because a good, peaceful and quiet sleep awaits you at night. No videoke, no loud speakers, no rowdy guests…. The kiss of sunlight will wake you up to lead you towards a good breakfast ( a combi of fried rice, longganisa, fish, scrambled egg, sandwiches with variety of spreads, cereals, fruits, juices and of course my favorite – brewed coffee). What more can I ask?

Our 3rd day happened to be the scheduled brawl of our “pambansang kamao” with hatton. I was kinda anxious because this will be my first time to miss pacaquiao’s fight. To my surprise, the owner of the resort provided us with wide-screen and the venue was filled-up with spectators in no time. so even in a far-flung place, we didn’t miss a thing….

For 3 years in a row, 2009 is different kind of experience for us.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

I like this resort very much. Why?

1. The price is reasonable good value for your money. We stayed at the premier Loft which only cost 4, 300 for 7 pax. The room is perfect very native, Filipino style with a modern twist.,, The bathroom is so great ! there is a separate shower room that is so huge. Beds are spacious too, clean white towels, toiletries are provided. No tv or phone but I don't need them anyway.

2. The food is great they serve variety of dishes like pork, fish, chicken, pasta. The food is excellent for my taste. Buffet so go ahead have a second service.

3. Welcome drinks are served upon your arrival.

4. The beach is rocky bring aqua shoes you don't want to get hurt of course from the stones and corals. I love the huge rock formation great for pictures.

5. Minus points because the drainage ends in the ocean. hmmmnnn..... Not environmentally friendly

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

They were threatened by the people there... just for lost of 1 simple "sagwan"...My God, their treatment was very uneducated for people who were balikbayan thinking had a lot of money to pay...

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family

Been to La Luz Beach Resort? Share your experiences!