“Their infinity pool is amazing” 4 of 5 stars

Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel
Laiya, San Juan, Luzon 4226, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in San Juan
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Their infinity pool is amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel is quite modern and has good amenities. We have been to Laiya a couple of times but this is by far the prettiest hotel we've been thanks to its infinity pool. The beach is clean and the water is also nice to swim at but it's definitely the pool of Acuatico that will convince you to make that choice. The room is equipped with a big, soft bed and LCD tv. The bathroom has a good flowing warm shower in it but the space is definitely small. Aside from the pool I should also mention the delicious buffet breakfast with abundance of choices which makes our stay at Acuatico memorable. We would definitely be back to Laiya and might consider staying here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Although it's a bit pricey, I wasn't disappointed with the service and facilities of Acuatico. I highly recommend it for couples or family.

Service:
+ excellent service with a smile from every staff! Great job!
Security:
+ Security guards are posted on main entrances even on the beach.
+ Life guards are also watching over the beach and pool.
Room:
+ Clean and newer furnitures.
+ They've provided rubber slippers, umbrella and even a complimentary delicious Uraro biscuit snack!
- Wifi strong signal
- I hope they put some foam on the roof beams of Terraces room (one part is very low). We bumped our heads several times to it.
Bathroom:
+ Clean with complete toiletries (bath towel, beach towel, soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothbrush, toothpast, cotton buds)
+ I liked that they've provided clothes drying rack
Pool:
+ Beautiful infinity pool big enough that you can swim laps!
+ They also have a kids pool.
- I just wished that the jacuzzi water was hot.
Beach:
+ Clean water however do not expect it's white sand.
- They only have 2 kayaks and 1 bicycle boat. I hope they add more kayaks or boat.
- I hope they add more free water activities
Restaurant:
+ Buffet breakfast is good and ample food choices
+ Unlimited bottled water, coffee, tea
+ Service is good
- Buffet Dinner is pricey. Only few food choices. Not worth it.
- Snack menu / A la carte menu is pricey and lots of items / ingredients not available
Game Room:
+ Lots of things to do for free - foosball, table tennis, darts, air hockey, board games
- Need to pay for billiards. I hope they don't charge for billiards any more

Room Tip: Any room is good since all are facing the pool. It just depends how many people will you be in a roo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

On the plus side, the staff is very nice and attentive. Food is good. Pool is very nice.

On the negative side, they sprayed very heavy fragrance in the room. I really cannot understand why they do this. I do not know if it is to mask other odors but I could not stand the smell. I could not sleep the whole night. Even the pillow and bed sheet had a heavy scent. I could not stand being in the room.

Due to the limited space, cottages are clustered together. Pathway around the pool is very narrow.

Our room was on the 2nd floor with 2 double beds. The slope of the roof made the room cramped. The 1st floor was solely for the toilet which was very inconvenient.

Compared to the other resorts that I have been, Acuatico did not meet my expectations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

An awesome and excellent place to rule your boredom. Infinity pool mesmerize my eyes and fatigue in my body got a very nice relaxation. Rooms are fascinating than I am expecting it. Competitive pricing is a bit an issue, but it doesn't compare the luring ambiance in the far Batangas place. Foods are awesome and got a taste of the wilderness.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed at this place in July of 2011 (the travel date option only goes til March 2012 that's why that's the date shown) with a few friends and I have to say this is one of the most beautiful and relaxing place I've been. The place and food is a little bit pricey but well worth it I thought. The 2 rooms we stayed in are clean and comfortable though a little small. The infinity pool with a swim up bar is great. One of the best place to visit in San Juan Batangas.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Though pricier than other resorts in the area, its money well spent. The place is very clean, well maintained, and stylish. The food selection is varied and cooked well. But the best part of this place is the staff. They are very friendly, helpful, and attentive and will go out of their way to assist you. Their beach front though small is also clean. Spent a relaxing anniversary here.

Highly recommended!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

The place may be small but cozy. The reception for my daughter's wedding was held there, everything went on fine, our guests were satisfied, the food including the wedding reception was good. Only two undesirable incidents we encountered, one was the hairstylist recommended by the resort manager, Noel, took our ironing curler. When the management was confronted re this, they took the liberty of calling the hairstylist and it was with him. What we didn't like is that Noel just gave us the contact number of the hairstylist and told us that the ironing curler will be returned by meeting the hairstylist in the town proper! What a heck! I blew my top and demanded that curler be brought back to the resort! I highly recommend to the management to fire Noel out or demote him to a lower level. I believe resort guests should be given satisfactory service whether the locals or foreign guests! Lastly, it took hours before they could serve our lunch on our last day!

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!