“Wonderful place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Walsingham B&B and Inns
LINCOLN UK
“Wonderful place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for one night here last Fri.

On arrival we were greeted by our wonderful host Fiona (the owner) who quickly showed us around.

Reeds Barn is very attractive building, well presented with quality fittings & furnishings & has a fabulous deck & pool area together with a beautiful garden with several lovely areas for sitting & relaxing.

Fiona was very friendly & welcoming & thoughtfully she set out our breakfast by the garden (at the far end of the decking area so she had to make several journeys) as she thought that we would like it (we did) It was a perfect place to sit & enjoy our breakfast in the morning sun.

The food was also of very good quality & nicely cooked.

I did mention to Fiona that a socket point near the mirror or a dressing table area would have been helpful for me when drying + straightening my hair (the only criticism I had) & she advised me that she was planning to refurb the room to incorporate a dressing table area with a power socket.

We will definitely be back - this was a superb break for us!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night and really enjoyed it. This is a special place, full of character and personality. I would say it's a sophisticated place, so relaxing. We used the sauna, which is very modern and stylish with french doors to the beautiful garden. I would recommend to everybody this wonderful place, just one thing, you need to book far in advance. Excellent location to visit Sandringham, Holkham, Houghton and take a seal trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here for one night and had a really lovely time. Fiona is so kind and friendly and made our stay very pleasant. The service we received was fantastic and Fiona couldn't have been more helpful; making us a reservation at a lovely local restaurant for our evening meal, recommending places for us to go and even checking the weather forecast! The breakfast was delicious with fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurt and a choice of a full English breakfast, salmon or croissants and pastries, with as much tea and coffee as we could drink. The b&b itself has been finished to a high standard and is very clean with a beautiful, peaceful garden to enjoy. I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this as a nice place to stay near the coast.

• Stayed June 2013
Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful stop at Reeds Barn. Having booked last minute and not having done our usual extensive research online, my wife and I were not sure what to expect (we wanted somewhere that was dog friendly AND high quality) however, we need not have been worried as this particular B&B is simply excellent.

We were met by the owner, Fiona, who was instantly warm and welcoming but in no way overbearing. We were offered tea in the fantastic gardens where we had time to take in the beautiful location and the facilities, including the outdoor pool! We were then shown to our room which far exceeded our expectations being decorated and furnished to an extremely high standard. Attention to detail and cleanliness were also top class with quality toiletries and a good tea service in the room.

We had dinner in Walsingham which was great. With two good pubs (one of which is also dog friendly), a restaurant and a fish and chip shop, anyone staying here will really not have the need to leave should they wish to enjoy a truly peaceful weekend stay. The countryside and the village itself were fabulous. Having said that, the coast is easily accessible with Wells and the beach only a few miles away.

Breakfast at Reeds is first rate. Fiona asked us the night before what we would like and was keen to point out that nothing was off the menu and the choice really was ours. Scrambled eggs accompanied with asparagus picked fresh from the garden was a particular treat (accompanied by a great array of cereals, fresh grapefruit and as much tea and coffee as you can drink!).

We do not usually stay at B&B's as they are usually all cut from the same formulaic mould and end up ultimately disappointing. However, Reeds Barn is truly the exception and we will definitely be making a return visit as soon as possible. Thank you Fiona and keep up the excellent work :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lichfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Reeds Barn is an interesting bed and breakfast with the potential to be excellent. It just misses out on attention to detail. We were given a warm welcome by David on arrival. We slept peacefully in this quiet location and the breakfast was well prepared, although we would have liked a menu to choose from. The room was clean, although I found tissues in the pocket of the dressing gown provided when I put it on. Having now experienced an ensuite with only a curtain partition, I know my preference is for a separate ensuite room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night, whilst visiting some friends nearby in the Burnhams. We were actually struggling to find somewhere as most places stipulate minimum 2 nights in the high season. What a find, and a shame we weren't around for longer!

Fiona is a wonderful host, the rooms are furnished fabulously and we had a great night's sleep in very comfortable bed. We were treated to a delicious breakfast (continental and cooked!!) which set us up perfectly for the journey home. And all for £95, what great value!

The lovely decked pool area looked like an incredible sun trap with very inviting sun loungers and our only regret was that we weren't able to stay around longer and enjoy it - but we shall definitely be booking a return visit, hopefully later in summer! Would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone planning a visit to the North Norfolk coast.

• Stayed May 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Found this wonderful B&B after initially looking for a room on the coast without luck. I was planning a short walking holiday on the north Norfolk coast. What a find!! It looked really good on the website and the price was competitive. I was initially a little worried about the distance from the coast as I was planning to leave my car at home. This turned out not to be a problem as the village is served well by a regular bus service between Kings Lynn, Fakenham and Wells-next-the-sea. It was a short walk from the bus stop once I had arrived at Little Walsingham, the B&B is in the next village Great Walsingham. The owner offered to pick me up in the car if I hadn't wanted to walk this last bit. The accommodation was stunning, an older traditional Norfolk building with a modern interior. The room I had was the largest B&B bedroom I have ever stayed in and beautifully designed. It felt more like a 5 star hotel with every facility including very fast broadband and wow internet radio (never seen that before in any hotel let alone a B&B). The views were stunning and being in a quiet location overlooking fields meant a really good nights sleep. The only thing that woke me was the wonderful dawn chorus of so many different birds. Believe it or not there is an outdoor heated swimming pool and a sauna too. The breakfasts were excellent. I had been at my father's home the week before so had had far too many full English cooked breakfasts so I was asked what I would like as an alternative so went with mushrooms on toast as well as fresh fruit a range of cereals etc.. Also loved the log fires, the paintings, and the stunning spiral staircase. On the last day I was asked if I wanted a lift to Wells (only 5 miles away) to catch the bus for Kings Lynn rather than catch the bus from the village, I took up the offer as I wanted to walk round the villages locally before I left. If you are walking on the North Coast or visiting the shrine at Little Walsingham this is the perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: Cannot say what the other rooms were like. Mine was the master bedroom at the back of the house.