“Sunday lunch - not if you're vegetarian!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Woodlands
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located in the beautiful New Forest, National Park, in a quiet, rural location. There is an open kitchen, al fresco terrace for dining weather permitting and a display wine cellar. Excellent wine list, award winning wine team (the owner is Gerard Basset, OBE, MW, MS, Wine MBA and World Champion Sommelier, 2010)Locally sourced produce, relaxed, friendly and professional service
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch - not if you're vegetarian!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This review is a little late as we visited in the Autumn for Sunday lunch (a birthday gift), first impressions were good and the service very attentive. Lunch itself was for me extremely disappointing, as a vegetarian there was simply no choice for the main course with just one item on the menu which was polenta with rosemary I think, my husband ordered the roast beef. Well, the two dishes could not have been more different - mine arrived and the contents barely covered the bottom of the dish whereas my husband had a generous portion of beef, roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding, two sides of vegetables and some gravy, talk about food envy! As this had been a birthday treat my husband felt awful with such a plentiful plate in front of him compared to mine which really was a small portion and so gave me his vegetables. I had thought that going somewhere with such a good reputation there would be a little more imagination and flair when it came to vegetarian food but unfortunately this was not the case on the day we visited. I've noticed from some reviewers that they were offered a separate vegetarian menu so maybe things have changed - I do hope so or perhaps you need to request in advance - in which case that question should be asked when bookings are accepted, just a thought. Although I didn't enjoy my main course I have not let this affect my rating as overall it was an enjoyable experience.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wimborne
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I always love TerraVina, the atmosphere is smart and the service is great.
My only criticism is that the food could be considered a little small for the prices that they ask for, but none the less it tastes incredible and it always looks fantastic. Great wine too.
Make sure you take a trip to the lavatory, the lavender hand cream is gorgeous!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

"The best Sunday Lunch ever" A separate vegitarian Menu with an extensive choice and the food was excellent !!! We were a party of friends and family out for a Birthday Lunch.

We have eaten here before and it has always lived up to our expectations for a restaurant with over all high standards. Fantastic food, fabulouse ambiance, service spot on, there is plenty of room between the tables which so refreshing.....I cannot wait to return !!!!

• Visited November 2012
Dorset
“Creative dishes with fresh seasonal ingredients”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was our fifth visit to Hotel Terravina. My husband and I are both vegetarian and very pleased to be welcomed with a vegetarian menu on arrival each time (we let them know if advance when booking the table).

The ingredients are always very fresh, inspiringly creative flavours throughout all the courses, (I'm not normally fussed with desserts, but here the desserts are fantastically presented and a real treat).

If you need help choosing the wine, they are incredibly knowledgeable and happy to recommend something suitable to compliment your food choice.

All the staff are friendly, professional and very keen to please. Actually lost my wedding ring whilst there (by the time we called the restaurant the next evening, it had already been found by their very honest and kind housekeeper - my ring had fallen into the restroom laundry basket amongst the towels).

Hotel TerraVina - you have an amazing team of staff - thank you, and looking forward to our next dinner in the near future.

• Visited October 2012
Southampton
“Love this Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have been to this restaurant over a dozen times and each time the food has been fantastic!
the staff are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble (without being OTT) The wine is always good no matter what we pick and the staff are very helpful with this if you ask!
I hope this restaurant never changes hands because I will always eat here on special nights out. Sometimes we think to try other places and have, but as a all round package we still believe this restaurant to be No 1. Limewood is good but this is the best!

• Visited June 2012