“Great pub with beautiful back garden” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great pub with beautiful back garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had dinner here last night and cannot wait to go back. The menu is extensive and the portions are huge! The food was delicious - proper pub food freshly prepared and the chocolate brownie is to die for! Lovely smiley staff also and very good service. There is a beautiful garden in the back and a roofed terrace area with plenty of space to sit outside. I would definitely recommend to stop here for a lovely lunch in the sunshine or a cold beer after work!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Hove, United Kingdom
“Fantastic pub, great food, lovely beer garden and really dog friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were renting a cottage just up the road last week in June, we ended up visiting almost every day for a drink in the beer garden finishing off with dinner on our last evening. Food was fantastic (ribs, fish & chips plus ice cream) and the staff were really friendly. We had our spaniel George with us and he couldn't have been more welcomed, gravy bones heaven for him :-). Will def head back when we visit the New Forest again

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hampshire
“Don't pass this establishment by”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Even though we've lived in Hampshire for over sixteen years, this was the first time we'd ventured to the coastal park (Lepe). There is evedence as you drive beyond the edges of Southampton that maybe a few years ago there were quite a few more pubs than there are now (Tesco & Sainsburys have converted two).
This one is the first (from Southampton) last (from Lepe Park) in the outskirts of the forest, it could do with better signage making it clear when meals are available because one large pub (with large garden we stopped at, "didn't do food" (on a Sunday or all week I don't know) but made me wonder if that's why there are closed down pubs!
The New Forest Inn looks a bit like an old fashioned pub, but did the business - food all day, a good selection on the menu, pretty good service, a nice garden to sit outside with the dog, although the waitress who served us said we could have bought the dog inside the pub had we have wanted.
Three of us ate main course all different choices, three of us enjoyed our meals, I paid the bill and even with six drinks included (it was a hot day honestly) the bill came to under £20 per head which, for a "tourist trap" I don't think is bad at all.
I recommend for families, friends and four legged friends!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Shame but poor overall today”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We have visited this pub several times before and always found it to be good. Today we took friends there and had to wait 1hr and 20 mins for our roast to arrive. It was busy in there but I had booked a table so it wasn't as if they weren't expecting us. I think this is an unexceptable amount of time to wait!

When our roast arrived it was just average, probably because I had lost the will by then and had to be elsewhere by this time! I did complain to management in which they were apologetic and offered some free desserts but I didn't have the time to waste. No money was refunded.

I won't be recommending this pub anymore nor will I be visiting for quite some time, shame as I'm a local :-(

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London
“Really nice pub in the new forest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Found the new forest inn by chacne when driving through Emery and decided to go back for dinner as it was both family and dog friendly and had a good menu online. Pub inside and out is very nice - especially the garden on a nice evening (it was 21 degrees at 8pm when we went). Food was good - steak and ale pie is homemade and excellent - the rump steak was good and the flan was very good. Beer/Ale could have been a little better - a little on the flat side

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere