“Very run down, not a lot to do” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 attractions in Ashurst
Type: Farms
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Owner Description: A fantastic farmyard day out for the whole family! Join in with a daily schedule of hands-on activities such as bottle-feeding kid goats and calves, baby animal encounter where visitors can hold baby rabbits and chicks, and pig feeding too! Don't miss the brilliant tractor ride - it's very bumpy! (weather permitting). There are lots of friendly farm animals to meet, and there is plenty of indoor and outdoor play equipment too, including trampolines, a soft play area with ball pit, and the Farmer’s Straw Den! Tea shop, gift shop, free parking. Don't forget to visit the Longdown Farm Shop for delicious locally sourced produce.Useful Information: Hands-on activities all day for the whole family. A lot of areas and play equipment are under cover, but on wet or cold days, wrap up and bring wellies for the ch ildren. Sorry, no dogs on the Farm – free, lockable kennels are provided. Open daily 10am – 5pm. 16 Feb – 3 Nov 2013. Longdown Farm Christmas Barn opens in December. – the rest of the Farm will be closed.
Exeter
16 attraction reviews
“Very run down, not a lot to do”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My first visit to a farm attraction. Very run down and expensive for what was on offer. Animal feeding experiences were available but my grandughter was only confident enough to do this after mum did it a couple of times. I thought that if it was a busy period (we went low season) I am not sure they would have had the same opportunity as they were able to have several 'turns.' On the positive, staff were friendly. If you are on a limited budget I think there are better childrens attractions for the money.

Visited March 2013
SouthamptonUK, Owner at Longdown Activity Farm, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We value your comments, however most of our visitors acknowledge that Longdown is a real working farm and not a theme park, therefore during the winter months some areas of the farm do look tired, with our average visitor spending over 3 hours and many staying over 5 hours we would defend our rates as good value for money, with over 130 goats to bottle feed and hundreds of chicks and smaller animals we can assure you that even on a busy day everyone will gain an equal hands on opportunity.

London
“Feeding Frenzy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

How much fun could a few hours spent at Longdown be...loads and loads it turns out.

The place runs like clockwork with feeding / interaction sessions every 30 minutes. My two year old son had the opportunity to feed baby cows, baby goats, and to gently pet a baby bunny. He also rode a digger and some electric cars. He had a ball.

Great place, educational and fun day out. Go play.

Thank you for you kind words, you have summed up our intentions - FUN AND EDUCATIONAL that is what Longdown Activity Farm is all about.
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing my children love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We have been coming here for years now and we still love it my daughters are now 18 and still want to come every time I bring their little brother who is now 5. The hands on feeding of the animals is a must and as for the collecting of the eggs it turns into a competition of who can find the most. It is a great day out come rain or shine and exceptional value. Keenan can't wait till Mother's Day as he knows that's when we're next there grandparents and all. Thanks to Dawn and Brian for making this a long time favourite creating lots of wonderful memories.

Visited February 2013
Bracknell, United Kingdom
45 attraction reviews
“Good fun for anyone willing to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I went to Longdown with my friend and her mum and her grandmother and there was lots to do here! Of course, I've been here a lot of times before! You get to feed the animals, hold little pets, look for eggs and much more! They let me hold a little chicken which was amazing! My friend took a picture of me and she was allowed to hold the little chick too. I found only 1 egg where the chickens were but there was a lovely farm shop onsite. We bought more eggs then looked around the farm. There were a lot of animals there to see. We had fun all of us. my friend's grandma loves animals and she felt really pleased. My friends mum loves animals too. We all had fun here! If you want to come here, then please do! It's great value and little kids will surely love this place!

Visited April 2012
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Just been today and must say we had a great time Although the weather was grotty there was still plenty to do. Helpful Staff and interactive For £8.50 you cant beat the value. For those complaining about the smell its a farm what do you expect rose fumes pumped out. Def go again.

Visited February 2013
SouthamptonUK, Owner at Longdown Activity Farm, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, our staff work very hard to make our visitors visits enjoyable and they are grateful when they receive praise, many thanks once again.