“Excellent Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Burley Inn Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added The Burley Inn Hotel to your Saves list
The Burley Inn Hotel
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   The Cross, Burley, New Forest National Park, Ringwood BH24 4AB, England   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Burley B&B and Inns
Bruton, United Kingdom
“Excellent Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have been a regular visitor to the Burley Inn for just over 2 years. It provides good value, high quality rooms, food and beer, not to mention the idillic location. Chrisies hot chicken salads are a must. The whole team have always been very professional and welcoming and have made my time away from home very comfortable. I have recommended the Burley Inn to many friends and colleagues and all that have visited, whether for an overnight stay or for a drink and meal, have all gone back on many occasions.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Melbourne Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I booked this small hotel because I had stayed before and found it delightful. This trip my sister accompanied me so booked the only twin room well in advance. I was a little disappointed this time. The front entrance looked as though it hadn't been cleaned for weeks. Three flights of narrow stairs with a large suitcase is no fun. The bedroom although very clean was situated on the top floor which meant the coved ceiling was quite low so you had to be careful sitting up as you would hit your head. The wash basin was situated in the bedroom with very little space for toiletries. The bathroom was tiny and my sister burned herself on the heated towel rack. The breakfast was nice but as far as evening meals, we only ate once. Overpriced for very average fare. The veggies were frozen packet variety i'm sure. We opted for the other hotel for meals which were excellent. The friendliness of staff however was outstanding especially Lucy. Although wifi is available, there is no signal except in the rooms and only accessible in the bar/dining area. It's a shame that in such a beautiful corner of The New Forest this character filled Inn has lost it's charm and quality it once had.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I travel through my work and staying in large hotels can be a little unsetteling at times being a woman on her own. This is a lovely homely Inn and the staf especially Lucy are very friendy. Really enjoyed my stay and if in the area will definately be back.

Room was comfortalbe with refreshment tray, bottle of water and biscuits. Bathroom had nice fluffy towels and individual toiletries which is a rarity these days.

Food good and wholesome with a number of them available for small appatites

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

been here once before and it was nice, staff were nice and food was quick and tasty. yesterday we weren't so impressed. yes the food was nice...when we finally got it. so my rating is based on that and our first visit a few weeks before. firstly the woman behind the bar would rather hoover than take our order, or even anyone elses . then we were made to wait nearly an hour for our food,could understand if the pub was full but it was practically empty, then when we did finally get it, didn't even get an apology. as i said, the food was nice though my lasagna needed less cheese and more meat, my partners gravy was so thin it was water and tasteless and the carrots looked old, and looked like a 5 year old had cut them up. just minor things. although the woman was acting nice i felt it was very forced, especially towards me. not sure if we will return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Verwood, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have to say I wouldn't recommend this for food im afraid, female bar tender was very nice polite and friendly however the chap serving the food was nothing short of abrupt. The food was poor, we opted for a chicken roast dinner and the potatoes looked great but were as hard as rock, as were the carrots, lumpy gravy and a bill for over £30, no thanks

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Crawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had spoken to some friends who suggested to us that the Burley Inn Hotel was not as good as the Queens Head 50 meters away. However, my wife and I decided to give it a try after we had a really good coffee in the morning sitting out on the front patio. The menu is a little traditional but the specials board offers some great alternatives. If they have Game Suet Pudding on the board, you will not be disappointed. It is a meal for someone hungry and probably the best I have eaten - anywhere. Most clientèle appear to eat early in the evening as the pub was almost empty by 9pm. In my opinion it is a lot better than the Queens Head.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Came here after a long day cycling with an old friend. Got a very cosy room, clean and with a good shower, plenty of water and I could stand tall under the water (I´m 6´3). Excellent steak for dinner. Very friendly staff. Love this area and will be back to this hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Burley Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!