“Welcoming and relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Station House at Holmsley

The Station House at Holmsley
Station Road | Holmsley, Burley, New Forest National Park, Ringwood BH24 4HY, England
+44 1425 402468
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Burley
Cuisines: British, Bar, Bistro, Tea Room
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Set in the fantastic splendour of the National Park, a taste sensation awaits you at this former Victorian railway station. Meet, greet and enjoy the best food and drinks for miles around, in a comfortable, relaxed setting. You won't be disappointed.
Salisbury
“Welcoming and relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was cycling in the New Forest with my son and his young family, so there were three generations of us, but the restaurant catered for all our tastes and made us all welcome. Really enjoyed lunch here and would definitely come again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Poole, United Kingdom
“a lovely lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Went for lunch here on BH Monday. I'm a coeliac and they were able to feed me and were very helpful.
We all enjoyed the meal ...and I had a desert....meringue. So a great place to refuel.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
slough
“personal touch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

ww pop down here from timeto time in the year, and find we are always welcome.
when they are busy and even today with inclement weather for a while we may have to wait a while always worth it. Food is pepared fresh using locally sourced produce where possible.
Had a lovely afternoon .
Thanks Mary and Steve

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Service with a slap in the face”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Having been here before on my own I brought friends for lunch. I knew it was a bit pricey but the food wasn't bad and the location lovely. We ordered and I asked about an egg sandwich, on the menu, but done without dairy. I was flatly told it wasn't possible then given no help to find anything else on the menu leaving me to drink peppermint tea while my friends had lunch. Had there been somewhere closer at hand to go to we would all have left then and there. I work in hospitality myself and was literally shocked by how clear it was the lady wanted our order and us back out again as soon as possible. I won't be coming back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Poole, Dorset
“Welcome break for tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We cycled from Burley and around a couple of inclosures before stopping for tea on the way back. It's self service if you sit outside and the cakes and drinks were nice but not outstanding.
The prices were average for the New Forest but what made it such a pleasant experience was the relaxed atmosphere. A lot of people had arrived there by bicycle and there were lots of families and dogs all of whom were made welcome.
We will stop here again when we cycle in this area.

• 3 of 5 stars Food