“Good, clean Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Good, clean Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I've been 3 times to Giftos and it is my favourite in the area. Service is quick and polite. Good portions of food and authentic flavours.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The food is quite bog standard, it's very noisy and you have to shout to get the waiters attention, not going to rush back to fine here again

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oldham, United Kingdom
“OverRated...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Well, after a busy day at legoland, we was staying over in maidenhead.. And i Researched many places on where to eat in London.. Always heard the hype about southall, so i thought, big asian community, the food will be spot on.. HOW WRONG WAS I... There was many restaurants to chose from.. Mirch masalla, spice village, chandni chowk etc... But many people said in reviews and even when we got there, I asked a few local people, and they all said, its expensive, but its the best food place.. Top nothch.. So there was no more waiting as the kids where starving after a tiring day out.. We travelled a long way from up north, just outside manchester, so I wasnt fussed about how much it was going to cost, as I wanted to make the most of my weekend stay in London... The bill wasnt huge to be fair, as its similar to what we would pay in an akbars or similar in bradford..
We ordered:
-Masala fish (very nice)
-Somosa chaat (very watery and poor)
-Mix grill (VERY VERY VERY DRY)
-Chicken karahi asian style (NO JOKE, VERY SWEET and tasteless)
-Lamb biryani (no flavouring or taste either again very average)
-4 tandoori roti (nice)
-2 kulfi falooda deserts (IF NOT FOR THIS, I WOULD HAVE GIVE THIS RESTAURANT A MINUS REVIEW OVERALL, THIS SAVED THEM ON MY REVIEW AS IT WAS VERY NICE)

Total bill came to £57 which included 4 cans of drink.. So not that bad for what we ordered.. But again, i wouldnt go again.. And we only ordered the desert, as a chap who was sat on the next table to us, said, they eat elsewhere, and come here espically for the desert.. So big thank you to him, otherwise I would have been angry on wasting a night out in London in a restaurant which was awful for its taste.. The masala fish was quite nice, as my wife really enjoyed this dish.. But the rest of the cooking my daughter could have made better... The grill looked amazing the way they was cooking it, and it had my mouth watering, how disappointed i was when i tasted it.. Wish i drenched it with yogurt sauce now to be honest... The karahi was awful, the chicken pieces where massive, which wasnt a good thing... The dish overall tasted sweet, no joke, i was bemused, then my wife looked at me, and said, yeah, exactly what your about to say, is correct, its very sweet... I was thinking, they must have served us desert by mistake... We always order a curry and a biryani dish when we go out... But at first i didnt order the biryani, beacause I thought what we ordered was more then enough, but then i thought, it would mean breaking tradition... So i went ahead and ordered it... MY MISTAKE... Again, poor taste and just something you could order from a small take-away... I will go again, but only for the kulfi falooda....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Never will eat there again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Went with some family on their recommendation on a Saturday evening, very busy and informed of half hour wait for food. Ordered a variety of dishes for adults and children very spicy and not flavoursome. Did not enjoy ot at all and felt uncomfortable all night and next day. My sister's curries better. Felt over priced and bad service -over rated?

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“great food as always”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Great food as always . Have visited many times since was a child and never fails to disappoint. However the Meat that was used for the Karahi Kofta was abit tough , my friend liked it but i didnt. The rest of the food was delicious.

• Visited May 2013