“Lovely Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visited here on a Saturday evening, there were 7 of us. When we got there we got a table straight away, told before that there was a 2 hour wait.

A very relaxed atmosphere, very pub like.

Food was really very good and service was fast. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ruislip, United Kingdom
“Good food for a group of friends...not for a quiet family dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The most important thing you need to know is that this is not your typical Indian restaurant, even though it looks like it from the outside. This is an old converted pub, with the essence of pub like seating and atmosphere, but serving good quality indian food.

It is a regular hot spot for many Asians, and on the 3 visits to the restaurant we met people as far as Birmingham who had come down for the experience!

Atmosphere: This is a pub, and is therefore loud and with lots of good cheer. It is a great venue to have a group of friends around, which we've had on 2 occassions. And with the random flat screen TVs around the place, it is a great place to have a beer and catch up on the football as well. HOWEVER, I came here once with my parents for a family meal. We wanted a nice sophisticated place to eat, and this being my first time to Regency, I completely got it wrong. It is not the place for a sophisticated meal with all family members- you can hardly hear each other!

Service: I felt rushed, so much so that if I didn't leave the table that myself and the waiters would have an altercation. Up to that point they were very much amiable. Also note, you cannot book a table here.

Food and Drink: First and foremost, it is fantastic you have Tusker beer. I feel it is the best beer to have with a curry and not enough places have it. The food is actually very good- and the best for me was the Garlic and Chilli prawns for starters- which were amazing. The kebabs and chicken wings were also great. Note that the dishes are very spicy, and so if you can't handle your spice, at least tell the waiter. Mains are less good- as they are in most indian restaurants- and they serve your usuals.

Parking: Very difficult especially on busy nights. You can park in the train station and walk which takes less than 2 mins.

Price: It is average value. Meal for 4 cost us £100 including drinks, which seemed reasonable.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Well what can I say, this is somewhere we have always wanted to go, so this week we made the effort and we didn't like it at all. It was just like a pub serving average Indian food. The service was OK and that's all we can say about it. We ordered and it turned up in a carrier bag as a "take away", so by the time that went back and then back to us it was just warm. I had the Rogan Josh which was all bone, my husband went for Chicken Marsala which I could have made better myself. We are so glad we went alone, as it would have been embarrassing if we had gone with friends or family as we had always assumed it was somewhere where fantastic Indian food was supposed to be the best. Its not a place to order wine, as they only serve those silly little bottles, the beer is good. Plus this place is expensive and not worth it.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Food was excellent and varied, all my friends who had never tasted Indian food loved it, though we asked for mild curry dishes. Prices were fair, easy to get to by tube, and service was friendly and fast. We went with local friends who frequently go there. Try it!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“unexpected place to eat”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

i have heard about ths resturant quite often so i have planned with my family and went there last week, quite excited bt once we entered inside the resturant one gentleman approached to us and rudely told us we need to wait arround 1 hr to get the table, we were quite shocked after ths eventhough we drove all the way from cambridge we decided to wait.... finally after awhile we got a small table, don dare to wait any longer to get cozy one becoz all of us were starving, suddenly my wife asked one waiter to take our food order instantly he replied no he coluldnt, he gonnn send another guy........... again the same guy came and ask wt do we want.... and we politely requested him to explain some of the authentic indian dish again we were more shocked thn before becoz we hardly understand his english and only heard some the word ie chicken wings and mogo...... no option left so we orderded when it served almost whole portion of wings were burned and really dont bother to try other upcoming starter dishes.... we just paid out bill and leave the resturant ...... don knw why ths bizy place owner cant afford good staff ....... its one of my most embarashin... moment in my whole life...... never go back again...........

• Visited January 2013