“very rude staff” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cleveland Hotel

Cleveland Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Uxbridge
Cleveland Hotel
4 Cleveland Road, Uxbridge, England   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Uxbridge
London, United Kingdom
“very rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

i rang to enquire about booking a room - before i had the chance to give the date of my intended stay the woman said they were fully booked. thinking that she must have thought i meant today, i told her the date that i wanted and she hung up! extremely rude, i wouldn't stay there if it was free!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Victoria, Gozo, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Cleveland for two nights and overall my impression is extremely positive. Apart from the location, the staff were all very helpful. The rooms clean and airconditioned. For a short stay I could not ask for more!!! The bonus was that at reception Nespresso coffee was free and together with my favourite Financial Times I was provided with quite some relaxing unique moments!!!

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

A cross between hotel and serviced appartment. Perfect for 2 adults and our 17 year old daughter. Very well equipped with fridge, hob, sink and a great breakfast delivered to your room. No bar, restaurant or communal areas but perfect as a base to explore.

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel march of this year ,following a party in central London .
It was the worst experience of any hotel stay I have ever had,! The rooms were dirty , linen literally black and toilets still soiled from previous guests . The owners were rude and unhelpful , and I found the odour of Indian cooking on my clothes . The male owner was quite frankly a sleaze , and WOULD DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMEND ANY FEMALES STAYING HERE!!!

Don't waste your time or money at this dump!!

• Stayed March 2012
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

I have stayed at this guesthouse many times and would always recommend it to any of my friends as a place to stay when in Uxbridge. The place has a clean and cosy atmosphere, the price of the room per night also includes an English breakfast, which is reasonable for the area.

The guesthouse has convenient links to Brunel University, the town centre, the A40 & M4 and also to Heathrow airport. The Cleveland Hotel is a good place to stay whether you are in London for business or pleasure.

• Liked — It is a clean and cosy, most of all, a convenient place to stay
  • Disliked — could do with more towels
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Midlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

We had a birthday party to go to so myself and my finacee stayed here as there is very little option in Uxbridge.

£50 for what I would class as no more than a glorified guesthouse is a bit much but we dicided to go ahead anyway. Dumped our bags inside the room and departed to go to the party.

We returned at 1am to find the following:

1) 1 towel in the room, despite there being 2 of us as guests.
2) Make-up and stains on the bed sheet
3) Net curtains that were GREY and torn
4) A jug of water that looked like it had been stood for weeks
5) Cobwebs and dust all over the room

In the morning we found the follwing:

1) A shower that either gave you 3rd degree burns or froze you with an arctic chill, no happy in between
2) Old soap that had been left from prevous occupents in the shower
3) Mold and stains inside the shower
4) The worlds smallest sink, making it impossible to brush teeth or wash.

The entire hotel STANK of Asian cuisine - not something I wish to have forced upon me.

Suffice to say we got dressed at 8am, packed what little we had and proceeded to leave, throwing the keys on the main hall table.

The person with whom our custom was entrusted then proceeded to call me a liar about the state of the room, demanded we pay her and when I flat out refused based on the fact of how awful it was I was then asked in a less than friendly manor to depart.

This "Hotel" was so bad I would have rather slept in my car and I have stayed in many many hotels for my work. I can honestly say that this is flat out No1 the worst ever (so far).

The Cleveland "Hotel" either needs a darn good clean or knocking down and starting again.

If you want a good value hotel near Uxbridge go to Ibis - at least they have a decent reputation!!!

You have been warned!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Ickenham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2007

Often return to Cleveland Hotel and recently recommende it to my girlfriend's Aunt and Uncle, over from Hong Kong. It's clean, friendly and comfortable and handy for Uxbridge, Heathrow and London. An old Georgian house, has lovely high ceilings and plenty of character - and a decent pub around the corner that does decent food - The Load of Hay. Well recommended.

• Liked — Friendly
  • Stayed June 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Cleveland Hotel? Share your experiences!