“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Reading, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I've been eating here for years and despite moving out of area I still make time to come to this place. Love Dufftown steak! I love this place. Lovely service and lovely food.

London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful steak and great company!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We met up with dear friends who travelled up from Devon, so we had pre-booked the table which was a good idea as it is always full and it is a small restaurant.
I had smoked salmon to start with which was good and then......the most beautiful peppered fillet steak I've had for ages. I love my steak rare and this was perfect - rare but still hot and as tender as tender could be. Martin is such a good chef.
His lovely waitress was friendly and helpful and a delight to talk to - please try this restaurant out but pre-book. It is the jewel of a restaurant in Uxbridge amidst all the chain restaurants they have.
Oh and it was very reasonable - for 4 people with starters, mains and 1 dessert and coffee plus wine the meal came to £92 which was very good value for money.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Quirky little place serving good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This place is tiny and I must've walked past it dozens of times without really noticing it.
First visit on Friday night, really impressed with the welcome and service: waitress very friendly and helpful, especially with recommending dishes. Good house wine, lovely freshly cooked food, laid back atmosphere and really suprising value for money.
I'd much rather support a little place like this than bland high-street chains. Give it a go.
We'll definitely be back :)

• Visited October 2013
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
“Most Enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I chose this restaurant as a venue for my partner and I as a result of reviews on Trip Advisor and I wasn't disappointed. I was glad we booked in advance as people were being turned away on the evening (Friday night). From the start, the service was first class and attentive, the food could not be faulted - I asked for a recommendation for my main course and was delighted. As for value for money, we were pleasantly surprised at the bill considering we had a three course meal and two bottles of wine, we are not alcoholics really.. (the atmosphere was so convivial we had gone through the first one before we realised it.. honest). I would certainly recommend Martins Place and we will certainly be returning in the near future.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Small, compact and great fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

One of our better local restaurants. We have been eating here for years. Martin is a great character - you should see him bicycling through Uxbridge with his shopping! When he is cooking the food is excellent. The restaurant is bijou so you MUST book in advance - the waitress is superb friendly and helpful. The food portions are good and very reasonably priced, always freshly cooked - so I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013