“Welcoming Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ross House Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Uxbridge
Ross House Guest House
You added Ross House Guest House to your Saves list
74 Tudor Way | Hillingdon, Uxbridge UB10 9AB, England   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Uxbridge B&B and Inns
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Welcoming Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I stayed at Ross house for four nights and found it very welcoming. The owners are both lovely people and done anything to make to you feel comfortable. I had a Fridge, toaster and Microwave in my room which was very useful. I would recommend anyone to stay here and will use the B and B again when working in the Uxbridge area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I stayed at Ross house for five months while I was in between permanent accommodation, and loved every minute of it! Kate and Tony are so welcoming - you couldn't ask for friendlier hosts. They went out of their way to help me - even dropping me off at the station a few times when I was running late for work! They're just great :)

During my time at Ross House I stayed in two of the rooms (single and double), both of which were lovely, very clean, and with extremely comfy beds! Very peaceful - I always slept really well! The wifi connection was great, and the TVs had freeview. It was also really useful being able to make meals in the microwaves.

There was a good selection of breakfast items - cereals, toast, jam, fruit, cheese, hard boiled eggs, various teas and juice. Water and biscuits are also provided in the rooms daily.

The garden and swimming pool are beautiful and very well maintained - I wish we'd had a better summer so I could have made the most of them!

The location of Ross House is really good - at the end of a cute little road, about 5-10 minutes' walk from Hillingdon tube station, several takeaways, a co op, pharmacy etc. For high street shops and a big selection of pubs and restaurants, Uxbridge is just a 4 minute tube ride away, or around 10 minutes on the bus that that stops at the end of the road. Coaches also stop very nearby which go to Oxford - they come every 10 minutes and tickets are fairly cheap (about £14 return for an adult), and it only takes about an hour to get to the centre of Oxford - good if you want to explore another city!

It takes around an hour (possibly a bit less) to get into central London on the tube. It's worth mentioning that I always felt very safe walking back to Ross House - even when I came home on my own quite late at night.

Staying at Ross House was fantastic, and I'd recommend it to anyone. I'll always remember my time there fondly, and will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Ross House is by far the best accommodation, of its kind, I have stayed in.
Everything about the place is first class. The location is excellent, and the room was more than adequate.
The room was very clean and comfartable.
Everything you need for breakfasts, and snacks are readilly available in your room, and on the landing outside, and replaced daily.
I took advise from a previous review on here, and stayed in the back room, overlooking a fantastic garden, (AND POOL).
I stayed for 10 days over two weeks, and honestly couldn`t find fault with anything.
You certainly won`t be disapointed with this excellent accomodation.
Tony and Kath are extremley friendly and helpfull.

Room Tip: As above, room at the back!!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Halifax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Very nice B& B. Owners could not do enough for us and were very helpful with travel directions when we needed them. Overall we were very pleased with our stay and would recomend to others

Room Tip: Rooms were clean and tidy and fridge restocked daily.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

The owners Kate and Tony are the nicest people, really make you feel comfortable and at home. Rooms are extremely clean and well decorated. Owners are so helpful in any area needed. Really reasonable for such a fine B&B, close to Hillingdon Underground station. We specifically returned here because of the hospitality and convenience.

Room Tip: Room #4 is the largest room, big bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Ross House. My room had an en suite bathroom. The room and bathroom were impressively clean. The room was supplied with the usual creature comforts-- tv, mini-fridge, microwave, small dining area. The bathroom was small, but clean and complimentary travel-sized shampoos, shower gels, and soaps were provided. The shower had good water pressure and reliable temperature settings. The double bed was firm and comfortable.

The breakfast is pretty simple with cereals, fruit, and I believe cheese. No hot breakfasts unless you brought your own food to warm up.

The owners were delightful and extremely helpful. My room was booked through several international emails and Tony was always prompt to respond to requests. Tony was very accommodating and made sure I had everything I needed. He insisted I take one of his umbrellas as I was headed to the Tube station--just in case it started raining again.
He went above and beyond to help and make my stay a pleasure.

The B&B is in the suburbs of London--about an hour's train ride into central London. The train/tube station was not terribly far from the house--possibly a 5-10 minute walk.

Overall I highly recommend this guest house. It is well worth the price, especially if you are on a budget. The distance from central London was fairly long but with simple planning it was easy to work out the trips.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at Ross House. Had a bedroom to my self with an en suite bathroom. Room was very clean, and came with all the extras that I love (tv, fridge, microwave, little table to eat at). Bathroom was small, but clean and had good water pressure and temperature in the shower. Bed was firm, but comfortable.

The owners, Tony and Kath are wonderful people! I booked my room through email and they were always quick to respond. Very accomodating, made me feel very welcomed, and they're a real pleasure to talk to. I didn't see them most days since I was up early, leaving to do my tourist exploring and always came back late, but whenever I did see them they were always a joy to talk to. Helped me out whenever I needed it and helped me figure out the best ways to get around by bus in their area. They went above and beyond to help and make my trip a pleasure. Just remember to be reasonable and nice and they'll be some of the kindest people you'll ever meet.

The breakfast is pretty simple with cereals, fruit, cheese, and orange juice. No hot breakfasts, but that's fine with me. I normally eat cereal for breakfast every day, so I was perfectly happy with that.

The B&B is in the suburbs of London, which means it's close enough to visit London, but far enough out that the neighborhood was very peaceful, quiet, and beautiful to walk through (had lots of flowers blooming in their yard and the neighbor's yard this time of year). Took about an hour tube (subway) ride to get into the city. Tube is about 10 minutes walk away. Also the bus service is just as close, and there are night buses that run out there if you need to get to the center of London really early morning (I had to meet up with a tour group at 5:30am for a day trip to Paris, so I took a 4am bus to London, switched buses at Victoria Station and made it to St. Pancras Station just in time).

Overall I was very glad to have stayed there. I was there for 8 nights, and got a great rest each night. Couldn't have asked for a better place. The pricing of it wasn't much more than a stay at a hostel, and I'm sure I got a much better sleep there than I would have gotten at any hostel. The only down side is how long it takes to ride into center city London, but I figure it's just like a commute into work, and lots of people drive an hour to and from work every day. The tube makes it simple to get anywhere you need to go, so it's really not a problem. I would recommend staying here to anyone looking to visit London on a budget.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Ross House Guest House? Share your experiences!