“Lovely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tattershall Lakes Country Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tattershall
Tattershall Lakes Country Park
You added Tattershall Lakes Country Park to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Sleaford Road, Tattershall LN4 4LR, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tattershall
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just got back after 4 nights away. I too like another reviewer "dont get it". The caravan we stayed in was lovely they had left bread, milk and various condiments which we thought was great. We didnt hear any loud music shouting etc, in faact it was really peaceful and quiet. The staff we encountered were all lovely and friendly (especially the Life Guard who gave us a brief history of the site). The food in the club house, I thought was really good value (starter/main or main/pudding for a tenner on selected items) and it was always fresh and hot - what more can you ask for??

The only minor complaint (if you can call it that) I have is they ask that your dog is kept on a lead at all times (which I totally understand in the built up areas) but they really could have an area where the dog can run free. I have a German Shepherd "toddler" (year old) and he really could have used areas to run off all the energy he has.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Tattershall Lakes Country Park, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thanks for your very welcoming review & your great comments about the park. Like you, I don't 'get it' either but I do know there are lots of reasons why some people don't always enjoy their holidays & sometimes it has nothing to do with us!! I have taken on board your comments about a free rein area for dogs & will discuss this at our next management meeting

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just got back from Tattershall Lakes. Had two nights in a Lodge which was very near the club house and hardly heard a thing. I thought the site was very nice we had a really relaxing time just sitting about. Some of the reviews on here I just dont understand because I didnt see anything like this. Alright I didnt go to the camping bit and didnt look into the shower rooms etc, but I really think some people expect a bit too much sometimes. It probably is a long trip without a car but surely you look into this before you book! The food in the cafe was basic but was still ok. Admittedly some areas were a little bit tatty but it really didnt matter. The club house entertainment was cheesy but it is what it is. The staff we encountered were very friendly and polite. I will most definitely be going back again as I had a very pleasant time.

Room Tip: Perhaps camping is not the way to go but I cant fault the lodges.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Tattershall Lakes Country Park, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Many thanks for your comments Kim - I couldn't have put it better myself. TripAdvisor is a great vehicle for guests to check out a holiday location before they go however all too few guests choose to post positive reviews and it is very much the minority of dissatisfied guests who seem to want to post negativer reviews and I believe they do so to vent their opinions.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Our caravan was dirty, one of the bedroom's floor was wet through making the room unusable, the bathroom was the worst - it was smelly, the floor and the blinds were cover in a white powder. The curtains in the lining room were moldy, as was the spare quilt in the the double bedroom. The window near the dining area did not close properly - fortunatly the weekend was warm. The oven grill did not work and neither did have the plugs in the kitchen.
The swimming facilities were ok, the bar was fine, the resaurant had run out of many options by 6.30pm on the saturday night having opened at 5.00pm. We were advised we could not have the takeaway pizza to eat in the restaurant on a plate, however we could eat out the box in the restaurant but unfortunatly they had run out !!
The location of the caravan was pleasant enough - but the caravan alongside was being used by the staff, on the friday night they stood outside until 2.00am shouting, gossiping and smoking, on the saturday night they played loud music until 4.30am - primarily for this reason we cut our weekend short and went home - loosing out on the sunday night.
Whilst checking out we discussed the above with the receptionist who was fairly indifferent about the whole situation. We will not be going again, and will most definatly not be recommending this site to anyone we like !!

Room Tip: Don't bother - unless you take your ear plugs and a bottle of bleach
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
am sorry that we did not appear to please you on this occasion but having spoken to the staff member who helped you with your check out, I have been advised that you did not bring any of your concerns to the attention of our Guest Service team. Our terms & conditions do advise that if you find anything to be amiss on your arrival, our Guest Services team should be notified immediately so that any issues can be resolved and the holiday experience resumed at the earliest opportunity. Whilst I can only apologise to you if this was necessary, regrettably you did not give us a chance to help you at the time of your holiday. Our Welcome pack also gives a 24hour telephone number for our Security team who will attend to any noisy group on park. As you have advised that the group in question were staff on park, I have now asked our Security team to keep a special eye on their accommodation

Travelers are raving about these Tattershall hotels

Cheshire, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have just spent 4 great days at Tattershall Lakes in a caravan. The caravan was great it had everything you required. We had 2 great days fishing with good peg settings, and caught some good fish. We are hoping to return again in September.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

On the 21st June 2013 we went to tattershall lakes on our first holiday as a couple so we wanted somewhere nice and looking at the website it looked brilliant really nice place to stay but the truth is if u don't drive it's a long trip you have to get a train to Lincoln then an hour bus to tattershall and then walk 20 mins to get there from tattershall. When we arrived we were told our caravan wouldn't be ready til 4pm so that's fine we were directed down the path to the clubhouse, we went into the clubhouse where it looked so unloved very very basic the walls looked dirty the paint was peeling off, the back of the chairs were coming away and there was a bar which the beer was shocking and expensive. The site itself wasn't up to much it was like a field had jus had a makeshift path and a few caravans plonked on it around a lake and not well kept at that.The resteraunt looked like a bland canteen that you used to get in schools.After seeing all of this we decided to make the long trip home we went and spoke to guest services and I have my guest passes back and told the lady were wernt checking in she looked amused and asked why and I said it wasn't how the website described and she gave me a filthy look with a sort if apology and told me to put it all in a letter to themselves. Save to say I wouldn't reccomemd the park ever. First holiday ruined :(

• Stayed June 2013
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Tattershall Lakes Country Park, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I'm sorry you were disappointed with your break which didn't start off on the right foot given the amount of travelling on public transport you did prior to your arrival at the park. I'm not sure whether you took the time to find out what your journey to the park would entail but this is something I would always recommend if you are not travelling by car. I am struggling to equate your description of the park with the reality as we have 3 lakes here all with holiday homes situated around them. If you were unhappy with the decor in our restaurant, food is also available in the bar above and I can confirm that our bar prices are comparable with other establishments such as ours.
Skegness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Love, love, love this place! We end up going at least a few times a year, meeting up with family/friends or on our own. There's loads to do, for all ages (although we never quite get round to doing it all, as were so relaxed!). we are in a touring caravan, but other people in the party have been in lodges and caravans and campers. If your on your own/in a couple or if your in a various age party you wont be disappointed, as everything is so near you can go off - do your own thing and then meet up later, so everybody is happy!
I know i'm at Tattershall and on my hols when Eddie the site warden meets us at the site wardens office with a smile and a bit of banter!. He's extremely helpful and nothing is too much trouble!
Every time we go, the park just seems to get better. More activities on, newly refurbished pub to walk to just 10 minutes away with great food, car boot 5 mins walk away in there car park on a Sunday morning.
Thanks Tattershall Lakes team and Eddie for a lovely place to stay, great memories and a fab meeting up place where we catch up up with family and friends from all over the country.
We will be back :D

Room Tip: go for a lodge situated on a lake and pay the extra for hot tubs, they make the holiday!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
What a fantastic review, just the kind of thing I love to read, with yet even more praise of Eddie although I'm truly running out of things to say about him!!! Keep piling up the memories and looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have to say after reading many reviews on Tripadvisor after booking, I was very apprehensive about our stay. One of the main reasons for this was because Tattershall could not confirm whereabouts on the site we would be located, and if we would be able to have two touring pitches together.

Anyway we arrived Saturday morning and were directed to the touring check-in hut located in the squadron section, and I have to admit our first impressions were of slight worry! This area is one large open space and looked a bit of a shambles, with no clear pitches and a real free for all with everyone squeezing in where ever possible. Luckily for us we were shown around to the woodland retreat which is where we wanted to be, and managed to get two large pitches together.

Once we had set up, we checked out the facilities and found the toilet/shower block at the end of the field, and to be honest although they were a mobile trailer type each section had a toilet, shower and sink in with plenty of room, and remained clean throughout our stay. The only down side was that there was no chemical or grey water waste points, and we were told that you have to go back to the squadron area for this, which is a considerable walk - however there are lots of fresh water points.

We then headed out to find the local supermarket and thought we would have a quick drive around the site. Some 20 mins later we final found our way to the exit, firstly because the site is so large and secondly because the signposts were rather poor - not one mention of the exit on any of them.

The local area is really nice, with many lovely villages around, we had a fantastic day at Belton House (National Trust) and if you have children I would highly recommend this, as there's a large outdoor adventure playground, small train and indoor play area, and the house and gardens are really well maintained. We also visited Lincoln which is a fantastic city, with lots of shops and restaurants and the very impressive cathedral.

We had a few evenings of fishing and caught some fish, but apparently the Duck pond is no longer available for non residence to fish in. The Jet ski lake is very large and if you are into watersports then this is a great place. Tattershall do mention the aeroplane noise from the RAF base on their web page, and although we found watching the jets enjoyable please be aware they are very loud, they literally shook our caravan when taking off and when we watched one take off whilst in the squadron area it was that loud I had to cover my ears!! So if you have children that don't like loud noises this may be worth considering!

All in all an enjoyable stay but I'm not to sure I would recommend this site in high season due to no marked pitches and lack of facilities if fully booked.

I hope this is of use to other people.

Room Tip: If touring try to get on the Woodland Retreat To lock shower/toilet doors in Woodland retreats bloc...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I was very glad to read that you stuck with it & visited the park regardless of reading a few poor reviews which as you can see from the percentage above are not reflective of the majority of our guests' views. Regrettably we are not able to guarantee any particular pitch on park, only just the pitch type, however we are always happy to accommodate our tourers wishes wherever and whenever we are able. I will pass on your comments regarding signage around the park to our Management team at our next meeting for their future consideration.

Been to Tattershall Lakes Country Park? Share your experiences!