“Good food, nice pub (meal only)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Wheatsheaf Inn

The Wheatsheaf Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodhouse Eaves
The Wheatsheaf Inn
You added The Wheatsheaf Inn to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Inn   |   Brand Hill, Woodhouse Eaves LE12 8SS, England   |
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good food, nice pub (meal only)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Evening meal here over a busy weekend. Chosen from Trip Advisor reviews and again, found to be accurate.
We ate in the bar area, believe there is a restaurant upstairs, too. Proper traditional pub and on the evidence of our visit, popular - so book a table in advance.
Food was wholesome and at the stronger end of pub grub, handsome portions too. The menu is quite slim, but there is something for everyone, if you factor in the specials board. The meat dishes were filling and desserts well received. Be hungry if you want the gourmet burger!
Service was good and the staff very friendly / welcoming making a nice atmosphere.
We would return and will recommend this pub to others.
Although not the very best pub meal I have had, certainly very good.
If there was a slightly deeper menu and we had eaten in the quieter restaurant, assuming there was a similar atmosphere in there, this would be a 5 star review.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Just had a lovely lunch in a great little pub. I had the grilled tuna with a salad nicoise and the good lady had the biggest tuna sandwich with what she said were fantastic chips. Service was lovely and very relaxed. Well worth a visit

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I've been to this pub several times over the past 10 years and it has never disappointed. This was the first time I had stayed in the cottage accommodation. Lovely - and far more spacious and substantial than they manage to convey on the website. And the landlady could not have been more welcoming to my wife and me. We will return.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I really love good traditional pubs with great atmosphere, great beer and great food. The wheatsheaf Inn possesses all of this and more. The service is good - as good as many restaurants - which for a pub (albeit a premium one) means excellent. The staff are cheery and helpful, consistent and customer focused.

The pub is run by a man (Richard) who truly understands what a good pub should be - warm, inviting, with great service and great food and drink. The sunday beef is honestly the best we have ever found - and we have been to a multitude of pubs for our roast beef! The wine menu is excellent with some lovely choices from around the world.

This pub is not cheap - so expect to pay above the average (and a bit) but it offers great value for money. We love going there and do not hesitate to recommend it to all.

I have seen some poor (almost ranting) reviews - which quite frankly I find very hard to rationalise. I can only assume that for some people things will never be good enough - I wish them well!

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been just come back to the weatsheaf after being away for 7 years and I must say it is just the same welcoming pub/restruant I new then, the staff were so welcoming and the food was excelent,I have just read in disbelieve a review that was written and would recommend that you go along and try for yourself, this is a family run pub and a very welcoming pub and I suggest that anyone who has a problem with anything only need say and it will be very quickly rectified, great place,

Stayed September 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

What a wonderful pub Richard and Bridget run! Readers of this should take the chance to try it sometime. I go there regularly and felt it was time to express my thanks to them for the happy times I have spent there over many years. What a welcoming place! The happy well trained staff make everyone feel at home. The food is excellent and prepared after you give in your order so always freshly cooked. The toilets are beautifully kept. I especially love the hand cream! In the Winter a beautiful log fire keeps you warm. In the Summer you can sit outside surrounded by an array of flowers in tubs and baskets. Thank you Richard, Bridget and all the staff for the happy times I have spent with you all.
Ann

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a brilliant traditional English Inn in a lovely Leicestershire setting. The food is excellent as is the service. To sit outside in the sunny courtyard for a Summer lunch is a delight. During the Winter months there is a warming fire to welcome you in. The Wheatsheaf is a well run establishment with high standards of cleanliness and service. I am always delighted to get the chance to dine there and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Wheatsheaf Inn? Share your experiences!