“do business for the sake of doing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Celestial Resort Pulau Ubin

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pulau Ubin
Celestial Resort Pulau Ubin
You added Celestial Resort Pulau Ubin to your Saves list
1000 Pulua Ubin Island, Pulau Ubin 508419, Singapore   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pulau Ubin
Ang Mo Kio, Singapore
“do business for the sake of doing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Reached with disappointed ...... the sake of doing it only so-so....All bicycles in the resort CFM all need to replace...Worst ever rode,no wonder advertise on deal.sg for promotion ..Cleaniess really need to do something about it...fish spa area just for the sake of keeping some fishes inside and mosquitos ....... very limited very cramp..u seems more breathless den relax..gave 2 stars is surplus face to the resort.................will not come again..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Filipino Staff was unfriendly and she portrayed herself as if she got force to work thus explains her mood swing and sarcasm when question about the rooms. I remember i arrive at the resort at 130pm with my wife on the 12th August 2013. I do not mind to wait until 2pm since they claim that the rooms are not ready, however i did inform the filipino staff not to give me the room near to the noisy generator. The filipino staff noted and gave me the keys to my room.

As soon as i checked the room number, she gave me exactly the exact opposite as the room is directly beside the generator. I went back to staff and demand an explanation, she said oh sorry and gave me one room beside and claimed this room wont be able to hear the generator as the rest of the rooms are occupied. I was puzzled for once cause i saw no other stayers except for me and my wife. So i thought it was reserved and thus i got no choice and took the room.

When night comes, i still see no tourist except for a chinese couple taking one of the rooms which is relatively far away from the generator. I felt that i'm cheated and that the staff had lied to me. I wanted to complain but guess what, the counter is not manned after 7pm.

All i can say is that, I used to have good memories of being in Pulau Ubin but celestial Resort became the first reason to make me hate being in that Island. To the Filipino staff mending the counter, i hoped you change your service standard. I know working is tough but at least put a bit of effort in your services. You are in the service line for god-sake!!

Room Tip: If you got no choice but to stay in this resort, please request for the room AWAY from the Generator...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Pulau Ubin hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Dishonest. Staff The resort are old and dirty... If you want to come get away from the city this resort is not advicesable to stay in to spend the rest of the night because . You can go around the island for one day and return back to the city. In the afternoon.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Was quite shocked by all these really nice photos and resort-ish photos. But the whole place has changed ever since it has apparently moved to the jetty. They charge about 189+ per room and 169+ on weekdays which is just ridiculous, I'd rather pay for a getaway in a boutique hotel in sg for the same price. We had complimentary kayak for our deal.com.sg voucher but it was terrible as the water was horribly littered and dirty, after getting into the water for 5mins we both started itching, the kayak was also unkept as water kept coming into the kayak and started submerging into the water, we gave up quite almost immediately.

There's nothing at all to eat after 7pm when we came back from our cycling trip and especially when the zichar place is closed on tuesdays, but even so they too close at 7 so EAT BEFORE 7 if you intend to stay there. In the end we just made do with cup noodles in our extremely pathetic room which had a wild dog barking in the middle of the night and I barely slept the whole night because I was itching non stop too. The rooms are apparently in the chalet and one chalet has 2 rooms and one common area, our common area had faulty lights which caused us to stay in the room throughout the whole trip. We woke up the next day and checked out immediately as we couldn't take it any longer. The shower had little water and the heater could barely heat up and we had to just bathe with cold water.

I guess people there are nice and friendly (a little) only because I think they deserve the least recognition. But this place is barely maintained, their fish spa is also like a longkang fish pond that has no water currents, the water is still and is very dirty.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

This is the third time staying in celestial resort. Came back as the previous experiences were good, room were clean with many facilities. Ever since they shifted their location nearer to the jetty, things have changed. The rooms, as what they called chalet rooms, are like a motel, or even worse. The toilet bowl flush isn't working, you will need to flush a FEW times to clear it. No basic stuff like cups, kettle, plates and many more. All the furniture seems like decades old. The bed was sandy and as for the TV, you can forget watching any show on it as the reception was terrible.

Bring your own water for consumption. The water from the tap is not only undrinkable but also filthy.

This third stay will be my last.

• Stayed September 2013
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

If you expect accommodation is not but it relax thank to the sea view and got away of crowd. The resort can be a higher room rate if it could be improved.

Once more time, please do not expect the accommodation but the beach. However, we love it.

We will be back and hope to see the improvement.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I came there for 3 times in total, but May 15th, 2013 was my first time spending a night there. My friend bought a voucher for 2 persons on deal.com.sg. Accommodation was average. Air conditioner was quite good, the room was sandy, but it's ok because we were on the beach. The beach was dirty, I was really disappointed. After doing kayaking, we got itchy. Staffs were very friendly and helpful. I needed some bottles of water at midnight, they were sleeping, I woke them up and ask for some water. He kindly gave me 2 bottles for free. i appreciated. Thank you for providing us a good experience

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Celestial Resort Pulau Ubin? Share your experiences!