“Fantastic food with fantastic service.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: English
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: gastro cafe, and a al carte restaurant located by the Laxey River and only 100m from the Laxey Wheel. Car and coach parking available.
“Fantastic food with fantastic service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Went to the Isle of Man on holiday and went to this place for dinner. The service, food and overall atmosphere was brilliant. I had the steak and I think it is the best steak I have ever tasted. Thank you for a brilliant meal and when am back on the island I will definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Kilvannie, Owner at The Corn Mill Tea Room and Restaurant, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
This is not a truly impartial review- but I am glad you enjoyed your meal Adam

Geneva, Switzerland
“This place is a gem on a beautiful island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Came to the island for a wedding. Arrived a couple of days before and came here for a meal. We were expecting it to be good but it was exceptional. The ambiance was cosy welcoming and friendly. The seafood chowder was delicious. Main course was superb and the "tobacco" onions were special. I have to admit when I saw tobacco I assumed there had been a mis-spelling. Ask the chef when he comes to your table at the end of the meal how they are done. It's a story in itself. I had chocolate mouse for desert and it would be worth going back to the island for that alone. I gather it is recently under new management and I wish them well.

Isle of Man
“nice setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had fish and chips with my son today.
The fish was lovely freshly cooked, let down by frozen chips at £9.50 its on high side, I asked for salt and was told to go to the counter, would
Be improved if i idnt have to leave my hot food to get the salt etc.
The choice of homemade cakes and sandwich looked good.
We sat outside, only thing I would suggest is that the staff clean the tables when they clear the plates away.
as we cad to wipe our own table as there was remnants of the food from the person before.
This should be done as standard for hygeine reasons, the staff never cleaned any table.
Apart from that the setting and food was good, I over heard someone else saying same about tables etc.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

It was lovely to be greeted by such welcoming staff who were excellent throughout the evening. There was a good selection on the menu and when the food came it was presented beautifully. It all tasted delicious too.

The atmosphere was lovely, a diverse selection of diners were there and all, including us, seemed to really enjoy the evening. It was nice to chat with Ewan before we left. We will definitely be back. We wish Alistair, Jill and Ewan every success in their new venture

• Visited August 2013
Isle of Man
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have visited the Corn Mill a few times and enjoyed a range of food from cakes to light snacks! We loved the location so much we had our wedding reception here in August 2013, the staff couldn't have been any more helpful to make our special day just how we wanted it. The food delicious and presented beautifully, would recommend to everyone to pay a visit!

• Visited August 2013