We stayed overnight on 02/09/12 and booked this overnight stay last minute to celebrate our relationship, seeing as we held our wedding at this hotel 5 years ago. We were terribly disappointed with no hot water on the Sunday night and Monday morning, so only wash we got was a swim Sunday afternoon. We complained on both occasions and were told the boiler had to be reset.
To make matters worse, we went for breakfast Monday morning and my partner asked for coffee. When it came it tasted of tea as it was in a tea pot. We asked for another coffee explaining to the waitress who appeared to have a poor understanding of English that the coffee tasted of tea, only to be brought a cup of hot water and a tea bag. We asked for a further coffee and was brought this in a tea pot again, tasting of tea. After complaining to a 'supervisor' about this, we were told they had few coffee pots and had to resort to using tea pots! There was no offer of an instant coffee or latte, the supervisor simply walked away uninterested.
Having read the previous good reviews, I would say I am not the kind to always complain and can only think that some of the older residents visiting on coach trips may be used to lower standards! I did complain to the hotel manager upon leaving and told him I would consider other local hotels in the future, he seemed uninterested and allowed my complaint to just 'linger' before I walked away disgusted.
Beware if you are expecting a 4 star hotel as the standards are clearly slipping!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your visit to the Isle of Man is for business or pleasure, Mount Murray Hotel Isle of Man offers a multitude of facilities for the discerning traveller. Perfectly set in 200 acres of beautiful Manx countryside and ideally located between the airport and Douglas, this AA rated four-star Isle of Man hotel, has 90 of the largest bedrooms, superb health and fitness centre, hydrotherapy unit and indoor swimming pool.The Mount Murray is the only Isle of Man hotel with its own 18-hole championship golf course with spectacular views across the Island.Extensive conference and banqueting facilities offer a variety of suites to meet requirements for any event, be it a business presentation or a romantic wedding reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Mount Murray Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Murray Hotel And Country Club
- Mount Murray Hotel & Country Club Isle Of Man/Santon