We were surprised when we saw our accommodations, built on stilts, neatly tucked into the jungle. Each cottage was nicely outfitted with comfortable bedding and drapes. The walls are screen, so it can be noisy at night, but the noises are pleasant jungle sounds, so it's fine. Howler Monkeys are common overhead. Birding is wonderful here. There are lots of rules regarding use of water, so we were surprised to find a spa in each room. It didn't seem to fit into water conservation, so we never tried to use it. It takes a while for hot water to reach the room, but it does eventually. The dining room was large and the food quite good. Angel and Jesse made our bar and dining experiences enjoyable. There is a beach, but swimming is not allowed due to rip currents. Because of the location, on the Caribbean lowlands, it is quite hot and humid here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Almonds and Corals, nestled amongst the exuberant jungle of Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge in Costa Rica, offers three in one unique destinations, because it is part an exclusive Caribbean beach resort, part a safari camp and part an eco-conscious boutique hotel. The owners are devoted to offer one-of-a-kind accommodations awaiting your arrival and a unique sensory experience that promotes harmony between inner and outer self. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Almonds and Corals Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almonds And Corals Hotel Manzanillo
- Almonds And Corals Hotel Costa Rica/Manzanillo