“mixed feelings” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Costa Rican
Orlando, Florida
“mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The food was delicous but I had a stomach ache after eating. It could have been from a different meal/day though so I wasnt sure if I should say so in a a review. The bathroom was not very nice in my opinion. The fruit juice was delicious and my favorite part.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Tortuguero, Costa Rica
“Awesome casados and patacones!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch at Maxi's soda the first day and were so horribly disappointed that we ate at Mima the second day. You wouldn't think much to look at the place, but the food was authentic, delicious, and way cheaper than Maxi's.

I had a cadaso with red snapper filet, my friend a casado with slow-cooked chicken thigh, and my husband a casado with chicken breast. I tried all three, and they were all fantastic. You really don't expect such tasty food from a simple soda, but this was probably the best casado I've ever had since living in Costa Rica for the last 6 years. The service was no-frills but very attentive and friendly enough.

Just writing this review is making my mouth water! I will definitely return next time I'm in town.

Visited May 2013
Tortuguero, Limon,
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

this is a place that you can call authentic Costa Rican Soda.
We went to Manzanillo to enjoy the beach for a couple days, and we had the lunch here.
The place is pretty basic, but the quality of the food is good. Thats was the real Costarican "Casado".
Comparing this place with "Maxis", the price and quality are better.
As different with PV this area don't have a lot of options. So, I think that, if you're looking for normal CR meal, This is the right place.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nelson, Canada
“A must for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

A great little soda. It opens at 6 a.m. so if you are taking a 7 o'clock bus you have time to eat a great "tipico" breakfast. The coffee alone is worth the stop-- strong and hot! Regret that we didn't eat other meals there as well.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Queen Charlotte, British Columbia, Canada
“Best place in Manzanillo to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Maxi's gets all the attention, but you must try this soda, much better priced with super quality food. We stayed a month in Manzanillo, watching all the daytrippers heading to Mazi's. We did too, our first day, but quickly discovered this gem, tucked nearby. The atmosphere is super cozy, red and white checkered decor, Tico television, Caribe patois banter, and the best is the great food. Super tasty and good value.

• Visited March 2013