“Great view - not my cup of tea for flavors” 4 of 5 stars

Maxi's Restaurant
Main road, Manzanillo, Costa Rica
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Manzanillo
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great view - not my cup of tea for flavors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Let me start by saying that the service is great and the view is better. The average rating has more to do with my specific taste. I didn't love the Caribbean flavors (of the region) of the chicken, rice and beans that I ordered. That being said, the carne con arroz y frijoles was delicious!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“Good atmosphere, friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Busy restaurant with a fun beachy atmosphere. We liked that it was open late, and the staff were nice, but the food was just okay and we thought it overpriced compared to other restaurants we visited

Visited July 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Good Food :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had good serive, good food. It is a little pricy but in my opinion it was worth the money because I think I may have gotten sick from a different place in manzanillo. Make sure to get a cocunut from the guy with the wheel barrow on the beach. My boyfriend and I split a meal and it was plenty of food.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frankfort, Illinois
“Caribe s”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Food was good but service pretty slow. Nice view from the upper seating area located in the centre of town. The coldest beer yet which is a big plus.

Visited July 2013
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
“Very poor service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My friends and I visited here for lunch during a day trip to Manzanillo from Puerto Viejo. The waitress couldn't really have been any less untested in serving us despite us being amongst the only people in the restaurant. There were also far too many flies around that kept landing on our food and drinks and this quickly became very annoying. The Red Snapper that 2 of us had was actually ok, not amazing just ok. The "half chicken" that one of my friends ordered however was an absolute disgrace. When it came it was just a very scrawny chicken drumstick and a lousy bit of rice. It was as though they had ran out of chicken but just couldn't be bothered to say anything and just decided to serve it anyway.

We won't be back.