“Stay here” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Bentham B&B and Inns
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Stay here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Beautiful public house with olde world charm....excellent food,lovely accommodation,fantastic friendly and enthusiastic staff,good beer,very attentive hosts and very nice local clientel.....lovely break in North yorkshire...close to all local attractions including the "big stone"....outstanding

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reading
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I booked a room online, from The Coach House's own website. I arrived at 19.20 Sunday 3rd May, and was shown to my room, and told they'd stopped serving food (by the way the radiators were cold all evening / night). At 20.30 disco music started below my bedroom, at full blast. I went downstairs and complained. the barlady said it would stop at midnight. After continuing my complaint the barlady offered to speak to guests along the corridor from me, who would be further away from the music and ask if they would swap with me - but at present they were all out. I said 'no' I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, and as we'd all been using our rooms, it was unhygienic. I then tried to book elsewhere, but everywhere was full, as it was May Bank Holiday weekend.
At 21.15 the 'wailing' started from downstairs at full throttle. I dashed downstairs to find it was now a Karaoke evening. - loud music combined with off-key wannabe 'Elvis Presleys'. I asked to put my complaint to the landlord - who turned out to be the least customer oriented person I'd ever met (and as I'm in my sixties I've met quite a few).
The landlord told me that this was a pub, not a hotel, so I had to accept this sort of thing happens. Interestingly his own website in About Us says "Experience the traditional and relaxed atmosphere of this historic bar, restaurant and hotel". It goes on to say "ideal for visitors who wish to... come back and enjoy a fantastic meal and a good night's sleep!".
I asked why I hadn't been told about the Karaoke evening when I'd booked - I was told that I had booked via Expedia (which I hadn't - and I have the proof), and they didn't have my email or phone contact details (which I'd supplied in the booking process). I asked why they didn't tell me when I checked in - I was told a) I should have asked, and b) there were signs outside The Coach Inn saying there was a Karaoke that night - so it was my fault. He went on to say that they'd offered to swap my room - which of course they hadn't, they'd only offered to talk with other residents, and I'd answered that point - and if I didn't like it, I should leave. The person sitting next to him in the bar said he could offer me his tent. I left the bar and went back to my room, with no option (I didn't fancy the tent either, and I suspected it wasn't a genuine offer...).
The Karaoke stopped at 12.30am, half an hour later than they'd promised. I heard it all - I would not recommend it, neither The Coach House.
Many people have rated The Coach House excellent - so I have no doubt things can be very good. What I would suggest to readers of this review is - the landlord is in it for his pub trade, and maybe your needs will match synergistically, but if not you know who will come out top. Make your own mind up as to whether this is the type of establishment, run by this particular individual, that you want to put your faith in when you (think about ) book(ing).

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed one night, Carl was great and the rest of the staff were too. Loved the room! Was so quaint! Carl cooked us a great breakfast too. Would highly recommend this pub to stay at great rates the atmosphere is fabulous and you would be hard pressed to find more helpful staff

Stayed May 2015
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped at this hotel over the Easter bank holiday. When we arrived, we thought this was a mistake, but how wrong we were. The staff are so friendly, we were shown our room, and we were so pleased. We stopped in the Gapping Gill room, it was so charming. Yes the room was a bit small, but the bed was so comfy, and as for cleanliness, it was spotless, the bathroom was on a split level, and the shower is brilliant, plenty of hot water, nice fluffy towels. Then we had an evening meal, what a lovely meal, I had the pork belly,it was delicious, my husband had the chicken which he also said was delicious, as for the breakfast, well all I can say is you wont want anything to eat for quite a while, its definitely a good old fashioned full english, - lovely! I really cant praise this place enough, we have stayed in many posher hotels, but never experienced, such friendly comfortable place, with such superb food. Give it a go, you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015 via mobile

absolute little gem with lovely owners, lovely clean room, great food and an exceptional breakfast the following morning! Definitely be coming back to stay a little longer next time, charming village , with everything you need on hand to enjoy your stay , make sure your hungry at breakfast! It was amazing for the price, then walk it off around the village, very pretty indeed , the hosts are so friendly and the bar staff too, felt very comfy and very accommodating , will visit in summer, because it will be even lovelier then

Stayed February 2015
Karl G, Owner at The Coach House Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
Thank you very much for your kind words, we do try to make every guest special. I will pass on your comments to all of the staff concerned. I look forward to seeing you again in the summer months.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2015

We stayed in the ingleborough room which was lovely and cosy, nicely decorated and nice modern bathroom. The room is above the bar and music can be heard but didnt disturb or bother us.
The staff are very friendly and accomodating they even went and bought a bottle of the spirit i drink (they dont normally sell it)
Breakfast was great....certainly set us up for the day.
The bar area with log fire is lovely and cosy, perfect for a february day.
Would definatley stay here again.

• Stayed February 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2015

Today we had our christening reception held at the coach house inn, I can not rate it enough!! The food was amazing! So much value. Staff couldn't do enough for us. Would just like to say a massive thank you for making the end to our day amazing!!

• Stayed February 2015
Karl G, Owner at The Coach House Inn, responded to this review, February 3, 2015
Thanks for choosing us at the Coach House, I will pass on your comments to the team. If we can ever be of assistance again please call in. Again many thanks Karl

Been to The Coach House Inn? Share your experiences!