“Quaint little place” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Sidcup, United Kingdom
“Quaint little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We came here for my birthday with a group of friends. It came recommended. Though it didn't disappoint I did find it quite small and jammed with tables and the lighting was quite poor. Having said that the food was delicious and atmosphere was wonderful.

Visited February 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Ok, but not great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Visited this restaurant after seeing the many positive reviews. On arrival it was empty apart from one person ordering a take away, not unusual on a Monday night especially bank holiday. We were told to sit wherever and that the waitress would be with us shortly. Drinks were ordered after about 5 minutes so not too bad at all. Sadly the staff seemed to have lost something in the bin so for a considerable amount of time I got to see them empty the contents onto the floor whilst I waited to order! The food menu is vast, too much really, but it all looked good. We each ordered Nachos to start but were advised to go for only one portion as they were pretty big. When they came we were glad we had listened! Plenty in one starter for 2 or 3! They were quite nice, although they could have been hotter. Next was enchiladas and fajitas. Both were ample in size. The enchiladas were average in taste, not particularly spicy or full of taste and the rice with them was bland. The fajitas were good, plenty for one person. The final bill was just under £50 for two which was a little more than expected but I left full and the food wasn't too bad. Could do with reducing the menu, smaller sized dishes with more emphasis on flavour perhaps. Overall it was ok, probably won't be rushing back anytime soon though, although has the potential to be a fun place with a crowd!

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dartford
“Really lovely, fresh food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We visited as a family and after finding it rather difficult to find a decent Mexican restaurant locally that serves fresh rather than processed food didn't really expect too much.

However I feel I must say how different the food was to many other Mexican eateries that we've previously visited, the food was beyond fresh and really delicious, the service was fast without feeling rushed and the waitress was efficient and friendly.

The choice of both food and drinks was rather overwhelming and I think they could probably make life a bit easier for themselves and us by reducing the choices a little bit.

We left very happy customers and will look forward to a repeat visit soon.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kent, UK
“Good food menu perhaps a little large”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have visited this restaurant a few times and is a good quality Mexican in this price range. Salads are always fresh and food is well presented. The decor in the restaurant is pretty tired and could do with updating. Both the cocktail and food menus are larger than they need to be however this doesn't seem to affect quality too much. For a Mexican the food is not very spicy which might be one improvement that could be made.

London, United Kingdom
“really satisfying experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Wow. The portions are epic! I had a chicken burrito and it was just insane how big it was! Tasty! And the vanilla milkshake I and was awesome! So thick and creamy...just how a milkshake should be! The waitress was so, so lovely. I'll definitely be back.

Visited March 2014