“Would recommend for a short stay” 4 of 5 stars

You added Travelodge London Sidcup Hotel to your Saves list
Travelodge London Sidcup Hotel
1 - 3 Sidcup High Street, Sidcup DA14 6EN, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sidcup
“Would recommend for a short stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed here one night as we were visiting London for an event. Perfect for a stop over and easy access to trains in to central London (takes about 30 mins). I wouldn't stay any longer than one or two nights. Parking is available although spaces are limited and fill up quick!

The room was very clean and the bed was comfy. I would imagine in the summer the rooms can get quite hot as the window's can't open fully, however there was a fan available if we needed it. The main reason I rate this Travelodge at 4 stars is because the sound proofing between rooms is very good (compared to some older Travelodge's) and the decor is fresh and modern.

However, I was rather surprised at the lack of amenities in the room itself - for example there was no shower cap, tooth brush or anything like that. I asked at reception and was told that they didn't supply these things - so if you accidentally forget your toothbrush you will have to go out and buy one! However, there is a small Waitrose underneath the Travelodge itself so if you need anything it's not too far to walk! You are also pretty much in Sidcup centre so there are plenty of bars, restaurants and pubs within easy walking distance. Again, being cheap and no-frills this Travelodge does not have a restaurant and the only way they provide breakfast is in a box (?!) which you have to pay extra for! Needless to say we didn't bother.

One thing I would mention is that we arrived on a Saturday afternoon and our room overlooked the Waitrose loading area. There was a lot of noise whilst deliveries were taking place and I can imagine that if you are staying mid-week there may be more deliveries late at night which would be quite disturbing.. better to ask for a room facing the front or side.

Room Tip: Do not get a room overlooking the Waitrose loading bay.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I stayed for one night to attend a function. It was not easy to book. Location good easy to find. Only 3 parking spaces but there is some underground parking you can use but fills up quick. Hotel very clean tiday and staff warm and welcoming. Room very clean tiday aired and everything in working order. I did expect the room to be basic but it was very nice. My only moan is at home we are used to a bigger bed so during our stay my wife and I kept kicking each other, oh well. Check in and check out very easy.overall a good stay

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed on Thursday for one night with my 6 year old daughter. The hotel is situated on the high street. There are plenty of fast food restaurants along the street including mcdonalds, pizza express and KFC. There was also a waitrose next door, which was handy.
The parking is very limited and is a first come first served basis, however there is a cheap pay and display close by.
On arrival, the reception was small and minimal with a single vending machine. However, the receptionist, Kim, was very friendly and helpful. She gave me the number for front desk so if I experienced any problems I could call down rather than disturbing my daughter or leaving her alone in the room. I thought this was very nice of her.
The room and bathroom were both very clean, the beds were comfortable. We were on the back of the hotel therefore experienced no noise from outside. We also never heard a peep from neighbouring rooms.
I would highly recommend this hotel. It was clean, pleasant staff and a reasonable price. We will certainly stay again if in the area.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

a warm welcome, and everything you expect from travelodge....a good location,and a super clean/well designed room .
situated next door to a waitrose supermarket and a couple of doors away from a great cafe, the biggest surprise was that the hotel wasn't too hot [something that seems to be a issue in most travelodges-not helped by 'health+safety' windows!]

Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed at this Travel lodge quite a number of times , the staff are very friendly and helpful , the rooms clean and comfortable. Any problems the staff try to sort them as quickly as possible . Would definitely recommend this Travel Lodge .

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This travelodge is set in a great location, it has friendly staff, and is just off the high street. Dogs are very welcome.

There is parking either behind the property, next to it in the street or in a large car park close by.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a lovely Travelodge, helpful and courteous staff, clean rooms with free parking, also right beside Waitrose so convenient for those little bits and pieces. We had a concern as our room was near the lift and set our dog off barking every time people left the lift. We mentioned to reception staff and our concern was handled professionally and with concern and a room given away from the lift and so much footfall for our return journey, very happy and would definitely return.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge London Sidcup Hotel? Share your experiences!