“Average food rushed service” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Sidcup, United Kingdom
“Average food rushed service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We ate here for my sister in laws 21st last November. We had the table booked for 8:00pm. Me, my husband and 3 of my sister in laws friends were there half an hour early and if I had a pound for every time we were asked if we wanted to order and told them "no, we are waiting for three other people" I'd be a millionaire!! When the rest of the party arrived, we ordered drinks and about 8:50pm we were asked to order before they shut the kitchen. I'm sure this was a joke but it didn't come across well.
We all ordered our food and it came quickly, I had calamari, which was slightly over cooked but my husband said his soup was lovely. My main of 'sole in white wine sauce with capers' , wasn't sole at all and it didn't have capers and wasn't a white wine sauce! I think it was a cod with a mushroom sauce but I ate it and it was nice enough. The vegetables we cooked well and everyone ate there meals and said they were nice. I can't comment on the price as we didn't see the bill as my father in law paid for it. I also can't comment for the rest of our party but me and my husband probably wouldn't come here again. The food was very average, the service was rushed and we wasn't even asked if we wanted desserts but it did seem to have a nice atmosphere so maybe earlier in the evening, less busy time of year we might be tempted but I doubt it

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Oxfordshire
“Busy, Loud, and Food is Ho-Hum”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

For an Italian restaurant this does not meet my expectations. The mussels were very large rubbery things, nearly inedible, and definitely not marinara. Veal was good. The linguini marinara had a good taste but the sauce was much too thick and tasted a bit burned .Wines are average, Try the Sicilian Nero d'Avola as it is light and palatable.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“Boun Ristorante”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Have been in this restaurant several times since it opened. Have never been disappointed with the quality of the food, service and atmosphere. The service is friendly and you don't feel rushed. Lovely atmosphere, though if there is a table / party celebrating, then can see, where it might be a bit loud, but that's never been the case. We've been there on weekend night and Sunday lunch time. There is a set menu for Sunday lunch and you can chose from the Ala Carte menu too.
We dined here last weekend on Saturday evening, there were 3 of us and we all chose something different for starter and our main meals. The food was cooked to perfection, the vegetables were just right and the corgettes I would thoroughly recommend. We had a mixture of drinks, wine, Peroni and water. The desserts come round on a trolley and it is pretty much impossible to resist having a dessert.
Would thoroughly recommend this restaurant. This place is well worth a try and am sure you won't be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Kent
“Great dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Have eaten here on many occasions as a couple, with family and with friends. From a midweek lunch to Sunday lunch and dinner, in all cases the food is fantastic and the staff are very attentive without being intrusive. Lovely relaxed atmosphere with good food and wine, what could be better.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bexley Kent
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

A really lovely restaurant with good food and excellent service, which is so hard to find nowadays, will be going again at the end of the month,

• 4 of 5 stars Food