“还不错 Alright for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yu County
Zhongsheng Hotel
Jianshe South Main Street, Yu County 075700, China   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Yu County B&B and Inns
Beijing, China
“还不错 Alright for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

If you're an experienced (foreign) traveler in China, then this hotel will meet your expectations. If you aren't or don't speak Chinese, you might want to try a different option.

That being said, It's not that bad considering it's reasonable price. Our single accommodation (one large bed for two) was alright since it was only 130 RMB for the night. I'm sure it could be had for even cheaper if you try.

The window was unable to be completely closed, which left a draft in the otherwise insufficiently heated room, and let in the smell of burning stoves and trash from the street. I didn't feel the need to complain, as I thought nothing would come of it.

When I called ahead for my booking (the only way to secure a room, I believe), they assured me there was wireless. After trying it out, it wasn't accessible in our rooms, but I connected just fine in the lobby.

The staff at the front desk speak mostly the local dialect, which is only a little different from Beijing's standard mandarin, but there is certainly no one there who will speak English (I'm not sure any of the hotels have English speaking staff as this destination is mostly for local tourists). I wish they could have been more helpful for us to see the local attractions in town. This town has been heavily promoted by the regional tourism department for their beautifully preserved traditions and architecture, and I wish they could have helped me better to see/do more of it. When we asked, they didn't seem to know too much.

Overall, I was happy to have a somewhat-warm room to stay in, as it was early in the Spring Festival period when much of the town is closed, and the hotels that are open were mostly booked up.

Room Tip: Rooms above the lobby will have more reliable wireless.