“Learning to relax the Orange County Way - Pleasant Surprises” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Orange County, Coorg

You added Orange County, Coorg to your Saves list
Orange County, Coorg
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Karadigodu Post, Siddapura, | Coorg, Karnataka State, Siddapura 571 253, India   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Siddapura
New Delhi, India
“Learning to relax the Orange County Way - Pleasant Surprises”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was my second trip to Coorg, the first being at Windflower. Now I always thought Coorg was a beautiful place but there isn't much to be done except for probably open the curtains of your room and gaze lazily at the scenic nature outside. This time when I returned to coorg to celebrate our Marriage Anniversary, we decided to stay in the Orange county properties at the Private Pool Villa for a weekend trip. This was a very pleasant surprise to us since right from the moment we arrived till the time we left, we couldn't wipe the smile of our faces.

The first thing - Food (we tried The peppercorn and The plantain leaf among their wide variety of restaurants). Two words : "Delightfully sumptuous". Coorg was the last place where I would expect good North Indian food, which beats most fine dining joints even back in bangalore hands on.

Secondly - The property, we took a walk around the place at night and during early morning and were very happy to note how well maintained they have kept all nooks & corners without disturbing the nature. Very thoughtfully kept "quote-boards" were kept everywhere.

Thirdly - The service, now being around a bit of a traveler lately i have had good fortune to observe the hospitality from best hotels however again what made this place stand out is that they are adequately around to serve you when you need them but don't go poking in your way if you need your privacy and want to be left alone. Despite being such a huge property they can reach you in 5 mins flat to pick you up or deliver room service.

Despite being a commercial luxury resort there is no "in-your-face" commercialization of the place which keeps the sanctity of this jungle alive.

There are other services like Ayurveda message centers and boat rides etc which we did not try for the lack of time. If i do return it will definitely to try some of the other restaurants and the jungle safari or elephant camp nearby.

All in all, we got what we came looking for - peace away from the mad hustle of the city & relaxed fun for 2 days.

Note: It takes around around a good 6-7 hrs from banaglore to reach coorg (depending in which part of Bangalore you stay and how many stops you make on the way). So try to leave early morning so you can stop at the various attractions like the Buddhist camp, elephant camp etc before you reach Coorg by afternoon. Travelling at night is not recommended.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with a family, take a Private pool villa. Much space for kids to play outside...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I did not stay there but was in Pollibetta. We were looking for a place for Spa and everyone recommended this place. We booked here and the experience was just amazing! Right from explaining the massage we were looking for to the whole setup of the place to the professionals they have hired is simply mind-blowing.

We had booked a lunch in Machan and special thanks to Mr. Ebrahim Thayyil for making it so memorable for us. Our server for Koshy (If i remember correctly). He was also very very hospitable and the food coupled with the view took us to an out of the world place.

The overall property is just excellent and would like to stay here someday :)

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I went for my honeymoon really enjoyed and what a great hospitality a special appreciation to libin and sudanshu for making our trip unforgettable and special.Highly recommend this beautiful place specially a private pool villa.

Orange county team

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Ahmedabad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed there from 10th Dec 2014 to 13th dec and then stayed @OC Kabini frm 15th to 17th dec..
We were on a family holidays and have booked 5 rooms..

Now below I m writing my experience.

After a long journey from Bangalore Airport to OC Coorg, then moments when we reached there , we were instantly got relaxed by the warm welcome from Orange County Staff..

The Resort is very large and surrounding by coffee plantations and very close to nature and very silent one..

We stayed in lily pool cottage which is very superb and with very good living room, a comfy bed room and a huge bath room and also a small pool with jacuzzi and a sitting area outside the balcony, a perfect one to get relax.

The only thing I want to expect is temperature control in swimming pool.Pls provide it ASAP.

The food- They have 3 restaurant with different cuisines and all r very good..
One more thing if u want to order any special dish of your choice, than also they will provide you with a smile and without any extra charge. Great..
We are very happy with the way they treat us.. Totally satisfied..

Activities: there are so many things to do there and no need to go outside...

The staffs - you guys are really awesome..
From manager to sweeper , all will greeted us every time with a smile on their face and said NAMASKARA..
We can say it's a resort of smiling people..
Some of the names I want to mention here is Ms.Koyal, Chef Dinesh, Yousuf, Housekeeping guy Mani and others..

We really enjoyed a lot in the resort.Its a lifetime memorable experience..
I have visited so many 5star resorts in India and abroad but have never seen this kind of hospitality and service..The Best ever Hospitality and service..TOTALLY WORTH..

Guys it's a must go place to stay and enjoy.
We Will come back again..
Thanks..
My ratings is 10/10 in every aspects..

Regards
Vishal Thakkar.

Stayed December 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I am posting this almost after a year when I felt nostalgic for Orange County, Coorg-Kabini where I stayed for seven days last year. Private Pool Villa, courteous staff (Namaskara!), food (24x7), strolls inside the property, forest theme of Kabini, snacks by poolside and river view from pool, boat safari, resort location at Kabini are a few lifetime memorable glimpses of Orange County. Personalised service, remarkable! EVOLVE.BACK reminds me of my good time spent at OC. Love you, OC!

And of course, I'd never forget the fresh Orange Juice. :)

Room Tip: Farthest room of the property is the best one, I think!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

A perfect destination for a newly married couple to spend peaceful and quality time with your special some one.

Don't miss it, you will regret it.

One of the rarest Romantic destination on planet earth.

My Personal Recommendation: Presidential Villa with a Private Pool.

Stayed January 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I really loved this resort. I have traveled to many resorts all over the world and have to say really enjoyed Orange County Coorg. The staff was friendly, rooms were great and activities were well planned.

The only disappointment I have is the trip getting to and coming back from the resort. The roads are really bad and makes me think twice about going back.

Other then that, really loved the resort.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Orange County, Coorg? Share your experiences!