This was my second trip to Coorg, the first being at Windflower. Now I always thought Coorg was a beautiful place but there isn't much to be done except for probably open the curtains of your room and gaze lazily at the scenic nature outside. This time when I returned to coorg to celebrate our Marriage Anniversary, we decided to stay in the Orange county properties at the Private Pool Villa for a weekend trip. This was a very pleasant surprise to us since right from the moment we arrived till the time we left, we couldn't wipe the smile of our faces.
The first thing - Food (we tried The peppercorn and The plantain leaf among their wide variety of restaurants). Two words : "Delightfully sumptuous". Coorg was the last place where I would expect good North Indian food, which beats most fine dining joints even back in bangalore hands on.
Secondly - The property, we took a walk around the place at night and during early morning and were very happy to note how well maintained they have kept all nooks & corners without disturbing the nature. Very thoughtfully kept "quote-boards" were kept everywhere.
Thirdly - The service, now being around a bit of a traveler lately i have had good fortune to observe the hospitality from best hotels however again what made this place stand out is that they are adequately around to serve you when you need them but don't go poking in your way if you need your privacy and want to be left alone. Despite being such a huge property they can reach you in 5 mins flat to pick you up or deliver room service.
Despite being a commercial luxury resort there is no "in-your-face" commercialization of the place which keeps the sanctity of this jungle alive.
There are other services like Ayurveda message centers and boat rides etc which we did not try for the lack of time. If i do return it will definitely to try some of the other restaurants and the jungle safari or elephant camp nearby.
All in all, we got what we came looking for - peace away from the mad hustle of the city & relaxed fun for 2 days.
Note: It takes around around a good 6-7 hrs from banaglore to reach coorg (depending in which part of Bangalore you stay and how many stops you make on the way). So try to leave early morning so you can stop at the various attractions like the Buddhist camp, elephant camp etc before you reach Coorg by afternoon. Travelling at night is not recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordered by the legendary river Cauvery and surrounded by virginal forests, Orange County, Coorg is a 300 acre working plantation resort perched at a height of 800 m that gives you the most luxurious introduction yet into the deepest secrets of this mystic mountain. Come, allow the spirit of the land to infuse your very being and coax you gently on a personal voyage of discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Orange County, Coorg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orange County, Coorg Hotel Siddapura
- Orange County Hotel
- Orange County Kodagu
- Orange County, Coorg India/Siddapura