I spent 3 days there last weekend. The location is really close to Bucharest, very easily reachable. The rooms area extremely clean and cosy - big plus for them - we were very happy with that. Everything smells and looks clean & new. Most doors and windows don't close properly though - they should really do a re-check on each and every room when it comes to that, restaurant included. Also, you can hear pretty much everything that goes on at the floor below you, in the hall or in the rooms nearby. Apparently, the walls and windows are very thin.
Their swimming pools are lovely, the one outdoors is extremely small, though. Like a bigger bathtub, somehow! Towels are handy, which is also great. The gym is not extremely well equipped but I guess one shouldn't expect that from a resort anyway. Unfortunately for me, I didn't get the chance to try their spa.
The horse riding experience was a very unfortunate one. We tried to reach many times the reception guys and book us some horses, either via phone or email. The problem is, obviously, miss communication among hotel staff. The 2-3 people who take care of horses and assist you while horse riding had absolutely no evidence of the list of the bookings, they would just take on people as they arrived claiming to get on a horse. It was a mess - 2-3-4 people / couples / children booked at the same time, while only 2 horses and one pony were available. I would imagine the most commonsensical thing to do for the reception guys is to really write the bookings in the same notebook / software, print a page and take it each morning to the guys that actually assist with horse riding - not yell at them on the phone.
The restaurant experience was absolutely ridiculous. They don't serve wine by the glass - big minus. Food comes in really, really, really slow. You just wait and wait for it because other waiters who know how to manage their tables take orders from the kitchen quicker and put it on the table of people who arrived 30 minutes after you.
The chef was either an imbecile, or an absolute beginner, or a thief. Either him or the entire kitchen staff. I got the feeling the resort managers have absolutely no idea what's going on in that kitchen but they should really check things out - it's a shame that such a beautiful place is tainted with poor service. As such:
- the lens salad had no cherry tomatoes - they were replaced with regular tomatoes, although the menu specifically mentioned that the recipe had cherry tomatoes. But of course: regular tomatoes are 3 lei per kg, cherry tomatoes 10 or 12, possibly.
- each time we got rosemary potatoes, they were clearly boiled, although the menu specifically said they are baked in the oven.
- aglio-oglio-gamberi pasta lacked sun dried tomatoes, although the menu specifically mentioned the recipe had sun dried tomatoes and yes, the classic Italian recipe actually contains sun dried tomatoes! (and the "gamberi" should've actually been advertised as "gamberetti" because they were the smallest shrimp I've ever laid eyes upon).
- the diavola chicken lacked black olives, although the menu mentioned it should have them and the classic recipe also has them.
- the mushroom risotto had no mushrooms whatsoever.
- the parmigiano crust chicken was kind of boiled, not baked and had no crust whatsoever - it was just wrapped in a just a soft layer of cheese.
- the pine nut sauce chicken completely lacked pine nuts - it had plenty of cashew nuts instead. just cashew nuts. and chicken. now, of course, the sauce could've been prepared out of pine nuts... which were afterwards thrown away... and cashew nuts set aside instead. ha!
We were was completely shocked when most of these courses arrived were brought in front of us but the waiter said he would "ask the cook". We would've appreciated it if he had just said "well, we're on a lower budget now so we can't really prepare what you're asking with the regular ingredients, try this instead", or whatever lie he could come up with, but no - he didn't even bother.
Unfortunately, one can very easily reach the conclusion that the Italian money is extremely poorly spent and managed by the Romanian staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautiful and exclusive Club Insieme Grand Resort can be found in Potlogi, Pitaru Village, 45 km from Bucharest, and offers the finest cuisine, 40 luxurious and comfortable rooms and a conference center with meeting facilities for up to 250 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Club Insieme Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.