“Awesome Experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 8 Attractions in Portobelo
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Golden Frog Scuba is an independently owned dive operation offering certification training in Open Water, Advanced Open Water and Rescue, as well as other specialties, provided by a PADI certified Master Scuba Diver Trainer.Not only do we offer certification and dive excursions in the Portobelo area and beyond, we provide activities for non-divers as well such as airboat tours and/or fishing on Lake Gatun, deep sea fishing on the Caribbean and contacts to hiking, beach kayak/mangrove kayak tours and horseback riding.Though our facility currently does not offer hotel or restaurant amenities, we can refer you to many area establishments offering good food as well as information on area vacation rental homes if you prefer "the comforts of your own home".
Casper, Wyoming
“Awesome Experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

It was my first time scuba diving out of America. I don't speak spanish so i wanted i nice place where everyone could have a good time so i emailed both scuba shops within in reason. Ray emailed me back and responded with a great email that told us everything that we need. once we got there Rey was amazing funny, spoke english, knew a lot about scuba diving, and knew portobelo very well. AWESOME TIME WITH A GREAT GUY!!!!

Visited December 2013
Rey S, Owner at Golden Frog Scuba, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Well thanks man - it was great diving with your group as well and showing you around the town. We know you had some concerns initially but glad we got that all worked out for you and you enjoyed!

Portland, Oregon, United States
“Great Experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

First time diving, and had a great experience with Golden Frog. In two days Rey took us to two different dive sites, and each of them were beautiful. Rey certified myself and another student and we were both relaxed and enjoyed every minute of it. I would definitely recommend diving with Rey and Golden Frog Scuba.

Visited October 2013
Rey S, Owner at Golden Frog Scuba, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thanks for the "thumb's up" and we're always happy to hear when clients are pleased. I'm glad you enjoyed the dives and were comfortable as well.
We look forward to seeing you again when you come back for your Advanced!
Panama City, Panama
“Many great experiences with Golden Frog”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I’ve gone diving for many years and in many sites around Panama. I love going to Portobelo to dive with Ray at Golden Frog. He puts safety first and always has multiple dive sites in mind if conditions at one aren’t favorable. Ray is on time, and he is prepared with extra water on the boat, and oxygen kit, first aid kit, and life jackets. I’m usually with people who aren’t diving, and Ray will find good snorkeling sites for the snorkelers while the rest of us are diving. He offers very reasonable prices, and Golden Frog is my favorite group to dive with in Panama.

Visited May 2013
Rey S, Owner at Golden Frog Scuba, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Safety First!
You know I always enjoy diving with you/your group and I want the snorkelers to enjoy just as much as the divers, whether it be repeat customers or first timers.
We at Golden Frog say "THANKS" for choosing us as your favorite group to dive with!
Panama City, Panama
29 attraction reviews
“Not a diver but married to one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband learned to dive at Golden Frog. Rey is who you would want to learn from and to dive with. He has been diving for years and is so professional at what he does. He has many clients who keep coming back (including the Smithsonian Institute) to dive because they know they will be in good hands. We live in Panama and are so lucky - why? because his wife rents out properties in the area and that is what we do...we stay in one of them and my husband goes diving with Rey. I get to sit by the pool and look out onto the ocean and he goes diving. One stop shopping so to speak...anyway, you will be in safe hands with Golden Frog and Rey. They are friends now and appreciated and we would highly recommend them both for diving and for finding a property to rent while out there.

Visited August 2013
Rey S, Owner at Golden Frog Scuba, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
We appreciate your comment of "one stop shopping"...that is actually what we try to provide on our website! Not just the activities (other than diving) that we at Golden Frog can offer, but other area activities, restaurants, accommodations. The wife does appreciate your plug for hers though!
I thank you for trusting me with your husband and your confidence in me. I enjoy diving and want my clients to experience the same.
It's always a pleasure when you and your husband come this way to visit and we're glad you keep coming back.
Thanks!
Panama
“hard to imagine a better dive experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I've been wanting to learn to dive for years but never thought I could. We live in Panama and rent a beach house near Portobelo. When I decided to learn to dive I found Rey Sanchez from Golden Frog Scuba in Portobelo Panama. I really can't imagine any better experience learning to dive than the one I had with Rey. I ended up with my Padi Open Water and went on to learning to then getting my Advanced - Rey is a consummate professional with years of experience - he is the most patient person I've met and that really helps when you are first learning to dive and are concerned about how it will all go. I can't count the number of people I've told about Golden Frog. I have returned to dive with Rey numerous times and I am thrilled to give him not just a thumbs up but an enthusiastic 5 stars - if you dive and want to dive the Caribbean in Panama - you owe it to yourself to contact Rey - if you are looking for a place to rent, talk to his wife Dawn - she manages a number of properties near Portobelo.

Visited May 2013
Rey S, Owner at Golden Frog Scuba, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
You are not the first I've heard that from..."never thought I could"...and I always prove you wrong!
With patience is how I learned and was taught to instruct and it's just inherent in the way I instruct. I want you to be comfortable learning at your own pace with your new hobby. I'm glad I achieved that goal with you!
You know I always enjoy diving with you and look forward to seeing you soon.
Thanks!