We spent a week-end in El Otro Lado, with our two year old daughter. This is probably the most beautifully decorated hotel in Panama. Each room is decorated with taste and a sum of small details that make you feel like home.
The food was excellent, with local flavours. The limited number of rooms (each in a separated house) made the service very personalized.
If the beach in front of the hotel is not usable, the pool is big enough and there are trips to nearby beaches (which we didn't try).
The only drawbacks were that we couldn't put a crib in the room, and the price that is really high (compared to the other high end hotels in Panama).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Otro Lado is a private retreat situated in an exceptional enclave of Portobelo Bay, mixing design, culture, nature and luxury in a unique manner in order to offer its guests authentic, exclusive and custom-made experiences.Situated just over an hour from Panama City, and surrounded by the National Park of Portobelo, El Otro Lado is the perfect place to relax and disconnect while contemplating the exuberant vegetation. With views of the sea, its four exclusive houses of eclectic tropical design integrate simple details with traditional handicraft of the Atlantic Coast.A streak of truly unforgettable experiences, El Otro Lado will take you to a harmonious and dreamlike place which is equipped with all the comforts of modern life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Escapio, Expedia, Jetsetter and Hotels.com so you can book your El Otro Lado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Otro Lado Hotel Portobelo
- El Otro Lado Panama/Portobelo