“Nice Meal & Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Kent
“Nice Meal & Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Came to the Bulls Head with friends for a meal. The food and service was great but the place lacked an atomsphere for some reason, not sure why but just didnt seem t have much life. Shame because everything was great otherwise.

Visited September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
“great family restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

very traditional Georgian venue, with lovely modern decor.
varied menu. didnt have any fish of the day and i didnt want battered fish and chips but it was not trouble for them to bring me a grilled haddock with fresh vegetables. nice mix of traditional and modern. staff attentive but had to go back to kitchen a few times to check info to answer questions about menu.
fairly priced. there are two nice bars. one adult only and a comfortable family bar to hang out in before or after meal.
it is also a very nice Inn with well designed bedrooms and huge bathrooms and great breakfast choice.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
kent
“So cosy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We drink in the Bull and enjoy the atmosphere its so cosy, drinks are fairly expensive and the meals we have eaten in the bar have been very nice. A huge disappointment i have to add is the toilets do require a refurbishment, the main bar is also very tired but it works very well and is very popular.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just after the New year we popped in the Bulls Head and checked to see if it was possible for a sunday lunch, although we hadn't reserved a table we were surprised to find the restaurant empty apart from another family. We each had a starter, mine was the bread basket which was Ok and my wife had the pate starter with homemade Ale chutney which she really enjoyed, we both had main meals which were quite pleasant and left us with a memory of a good place to return to.

We returned there again this week on Sunday for another lunch and was really looking forward to more or less the same as before. our first problem was trying to book a table which turned out to be so confusing as none of the staff seem to be able to give me answer as to whether a table was available, after several phone calls the restaurant manager called back to say we could have a table late afternoon.
after sitting at a table of our choice we quickly ordered two Pate and homemade Ale chutney starters and two roast dinners. the starters arrived and after a couple of bites we both asked each other if the chutney was the same as before as it seemed to taste like a normal Branston pickle, I called the waitress over and asked her if this was Ale chutney and she said she would ask the kitchen staff, after a few moments she returned and said yes we were right it was normal pickle as they had run out of Homemade Ale Chutney, I did point out that if she had told us this before we ordered we would have ordered an alternative starter, she did briefly apologise although I cant say it was very heartfelt.
After our starters the main course arrived minus the vegetables, we waited quite a while for the vegetables to arrive and once they did I started to eat my dinner which I then found to be barley warm. I called the waitress over again and she took my dinner back to the kitchen, after a few minutes she returned with a fresh dinner which was hot but now I had lost the vegetables that I had placed on my original dinner, I decided not to complain again as grabbing the attention of a waitress was not an easy task.
Whilst I was waiting for my replacement dinner I noticed one of the kitchen staff enter into the restaurant from the kitchen with a dinner plate in his hand he then sat down at one of the vacant tables in front of us and in a workman like manner started to what can only be described as shovel his food into his mouth with one hand and play with his mobile phone with the other hand all at a rather unpleasant pace.
Once he had demolished his meal he returned his plate into the kitchen and disappeared Now if this restaurant also doubles up as a staff canteen then surely this information should be made available to the customers after all they always let you know when its feeding time at the Zoo?
I was really disappointed with the Bulls head as I was hoping this was going to be one of my favourite pub restaurants.
Unfortunately we wont be returning or recommending to friends

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Warm & Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I like the Bulls Head as we can walk our dogs and go for a drink! They are very friendly and welcome dogs in the bar. We had a great time last weekend, and even made some new human friends!! I would say that the drinks are very expensive! 2 pints of Peroni came to £9.60!! And it would be good to see some more options on the menu for us vegetarians.
If the Drinks were priced more reasonably, we would visit the Bulls Head more often!

• Visited February 2013