I stopped at the Ponsbourne Park hotel at very late notice. I had an interview nearby on the Monday morning and as I was nearby for a training course already I decided to stay in a hotel rather than drive back up to the Midlands and then down south again the following day. I chose the hotel because it was only £29 and the reviews on this site seemed ok for the price. I wasn't expecting much but I was very pleasantly surprised.
I did get lost as my sat nav used the postcode to point me to a road a short walk away. Just remember the hotel drive is next to a pub not by some houses! If you put in the address rather than the postcode, you will be fine.
Once I arrived I realised that I had actually selected the wrong date via Expedia on a non refundable rate. The lady at the front desk (Katie) was so helpful. She gave me the wifi code to log in on my laptop in the bar. I contacted Expedia, explained it was a genuine mistake. They spoke to Katie and it was all sorted. I have to say that if all the staff are as polite and helpful as Katie this hotel is head and shoulders above others in customer service.
I read that the rooms were a little tired but mine was very nice. Especially for £29 - how more could you want. It looked very modern and I took some photos too. The bed was comfy, the hotel was quiet. The free wi-fi is a little slow but ok for emails and general browsing the net. Not great for iplayer but I could live with that.
There were some other small things which I really liked - a complimentary (glass) bottle of mineral water in the room, free coffee downstairs and free parking. It does look like it set up for conferences and training but that was fine.
Something which you may want to keep in mind is that check out is at 10am and 11am checkout was £10 more. This was fine for me but can imagine for a personal stay it might be a problem if you want a lazy day in bed. Overall I was very happy - great service, great hotel and one very happy customer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by over 200 acres and set in the peaceful oasis of the Hertfordshire countryside, the combination of space, tranquility and friendly staff will help you feel quickly at home at Ponsbourne Park. The 19th-century house offers a blend of classic elegance brought stunningly up to date by stylish and creative design. Our facilities are the perfect tonic for today's hectic lifestyle. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast before a game of golf or tennis in the grounds or you could use the gym. (Please note that our pool will not be open for the summer of 2013). With Ponsbourne Park easily accessible from London, the M25 and Stanstead Airport, you have the perfect mix of town and country benefits in one great venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ponsbourne Park De Vere Venues reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ponsbourne Park De Vere Venues Hotel Newgate Street
- Ponsbourne Park Hertfordshire
- Ponsbourne Park Hotel
- Ponsbourne Park De Vere Venues Hertfordshire/Newgate Street, UK