“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Wickham
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Greens restaurant & bar is situated on the corner of the historic Wickham square.It is very easy to find and to park. The outside of the property looks traditional and well cared for with hanging baskets and well written blackboards, the inside is light & airy with a contemporary feel. Restful colours and wooden blinds add to the ambience.Crisp linen napkins, fresh flowers, friendly professional service and superb fresh food.Everything on the seasonal menus is homemade, using locally sourced produce when ever possible. The secret graden overlooking Wickham water meadows and the river Meon is a superb location in summer for a relaxing lunch, refreshing Pimms or cream.Owners Frank & Carol Duckworth have been running this establishment since 1985 and they are as passionate today as they were when they began trading. Their tag line of 'nothing is too much trouble' is as relevant today as it was in 1985.Fresh fish including king scallops,mussels and sea bass, Hampshire 21 day aged steaks,New season lamb, Gressingham duck,corn fed chicken and vegetarian options all feature on the dinner menu. During the week they offer set lunch -2 courses 13.95 3 courses 16.95 with a superb range of local dishes, including slow roast Hampshire belly pork ,Tempura of locally caught plaice goujons,honey roasted ham with frazzled free range duck egg & hand cut chips.Homemade desserts include Caramel creme brulee,lemon meringue cheesecake with homemade raspberry ripple ice cream and chocolate fondant.
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We went to Greens for a birthday - there were quite a few of us, two of whom are vegans. This restaurant bent over backwards to feed the vegans - so much so that they ate three courses!! Everything was made to order - the food was all beautifully created, absolutely delicious and reasonably priced for the effort taken to cook it from good local ingredients. The service was outstanding and we all had the most lovely evening. We can't recommend Greens enough and we will make it a regular haunt from now on!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Last Minute Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

After a day on the road, we decided on dinner in the Meon Valley. After being turned away from many establishments, Greens found a table for us. After a delightful anti pasti my soup arrived. Absolutely delicious! My friend had the scallops, again perfect! My main was a perfectly cooked Hake while my friend had the chicken. Both outstanding. A lovely wine list was on offer so we will not bring the car next time! A lovely warm welcome and would definitely recommend. Oh, and there is a lovely fireplace as well!

Havant
“Almost perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I always enjoy going to Greens and Valentines night was no exception. The service is always excellent and when I asked for a more private table, they staff could not have been more considerate in finding us the right one by the wood burner (really cosy). For a starter we both had pan seared king scallops.(extra £3) They were cooked to perfection and were delicious. We followed this with a medium rare fillet steak that was just melt in the mouth.(extra £7). If I wanted to nit pick, I would say that I have had better chips. For desert, I had a genourous portion of cheese and biscuits, whilst my guest had the passion fruit mousse. By all accounts the mousse was very good and my cheese and biscuits were fine, apart from what I think was the Gouda. It was hard and more like mouse trap. It certainly did nothing for me. With the steak we drank a bottle of merlot, which was reasonably priced. We finished the meal with 2 coffees (£5). The Valentines set price meal was about £40 a head. Add to this £25 for the extras, because we had the scallops, fillet steak and coffee. Then add the bottle of wine and you have bill of about £125. On previous visits I have even paid extra for vegetables. I always leave this restaurant praising the superb food, the fine service and the great atmosphere but moaning about the extras and the additional cost. That is probably why I only eat there two or three times a year, but do not let me put you off. If you enjoy your food you will love Greens, so start saving now.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Consistently excellent on all counts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

This was a birthday treat for me for Sunday lunch with my mum and not our first visit. She's in Fareham and we're in Southampton and we've yet to find a Sunday lunch in either place or in between to beat it. It's one of my favourite places and it's always got a good buzz when we go in.

We've eaten here in the evening as well and I can't fault the welcome, the service or the food. Definitely one to try.

Visited February 2014
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went for dinner last night, pre-booked. Got a nice big table for just the two of us and food was amazing. Will definitely be returning and passing on the good message to friends and family.