“superb service and excellent food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Malton, United Kingdom
“superb service and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Title says it all! We dined at Smiths both evenings and could not fault it either night. The food and the atmosphere were superb.

Visited January 2013

kingston kingsbridge
“The Librarian recommended the wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I dropped into the Eccles library to source a local map so I could find the restaurant and the librarian recommended a wine after promoting the food.On a quiet january night there were a few diners but the restaurant did not feel empty.We were made to feel welcome and even though my partner had not been there for nearly a year they recognised her and I felt we were off to a good start.They do an early bird menu which is excellent value but on booking they had allowed us to be late!
The food is fresh, well cooked, presented with care and uncomplicated so you taste the quality of the ingredients.It is always important to know a place to eat where you can rely on the quality and my partner assures me that on all her visits she has never been disappointed.I never got round to trying the wine the librarian recommended as there was a good merlot so I shall return though I do not need an excuse.It was a pleasure to dine there.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Fantastic - There is no other word for it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The atmosphere is brilliant - the service is great ... and the food divine

I have eaten here many times and have never been left either hungry or disappointed.

Can not praise it enough with the 5 green dots !

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blackpool
“A pleasant return visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have been here a number of times and it is a very nice restaurant with a great atmosphere. The menu is varied, food is well presented and there is an interesting wine list. Unusually, last night, it was quiet but even when busy, service is relaxed, friendly and efficient.

Visited January 2013
Nothern England
“Best food all year !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

In a difficult location- out of the way and quiet- this place is a real find ! Fantastically varied menu- 15 of us in the party, all very happy- food was a -m- a- zing. I am fussy about meat - the duck was fabulous, service gentle and unobstrusive. This is not a fast food restuarant ! Great find- we will be back :)

• Visited December 2012