“CONSISTENTLY HIGH STANDARDS AND A WARM WELCOME” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ascott Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ascott Hotel to your Saves list
Ascott Hotel
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   6 Half Edge Lane, Eccles, Salford M30 9GJ, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Eccles B&B and Inns
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“CONSISTENTLY HIGH STANDARDS AND A WARM WELCOME”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Having stayed at The Ascott on several occasions, I am always delighted with the quality of service and high standards set by the very pleasant staff. Excellent breakfasts available in very comfortable surroundings. Always remember to book direct as I have often obtained an upgrade by doing so. A hotel to be recommended.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bolton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

It was like stepping back in time, full of character, charming hotel. Comfortable bed. My rooms was really well appointed and because I was fortunate enough to book on their own website, I received a FREE upgrade to my room. Which even at the higher price if I had paid it was well worth the money. The breakfast menu was extensive and freshly cooked and served at the table (no queing for anything). The only thing which surprised me was that it was not five stars, which it richly desereved.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
East Anglia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Don't expect any understanding from the Asgrott if you need to alter or cancel your booking! We'd arranged to stay at the hotel and go to the John Mayer concert at the MEN Arena, but it was cancelled. When we phoned to discuss options the staff made it obvious they didn't care and just wanted our money. Best to find a hotel that provides some customer service.

• Stayed June 2010
DavidAscott, Manager at Ascott Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2010
We are sorry this guest was unhappy about the cancellation policy but he booked his room
through another website whos cancellation policy was a short one due to it being a budget
booking , it is all ways better to book direct .
Finally being rude and abusive to us does not help,he should take the matter up with the company he booked with.
east midlands UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

Just returned from staying 3 nights here - lovely. From my initial booking enquiry, to our time of departure, David and Peter were really helpfull and friendly - nothing was too much trouble.
The room was very tastefully decorated and had quite a lot of "finishing touches" which are not always found in larger hotels ie: toiletries, cotton wool, hand lotion and shoe shining kit in the bathroom. A teapot was included on the hospitality tray, and on our arrival there was also an Eccles cake - which was devoured immediately! sadly, it was never replaced! (David was made aware of this, and he promised I could have one for the journey home - this must have slipped his mind 'cos I never got it!) - only joking!
On a more serious note, couldn't fault the hotel. Room was lovely, breakfast was great and the whole place has been refurbished very sympathetically.
The owners, David and Peter are really lovely guys and their dogs are cute too. Last but not least, I must mention Ann - she's a "gem" she works very hard but always has a smile and time for a chat. She even lent me her brollie for the weekend, because it rained heavily on Saturday and looked like it would for the rest of our stay. All in all, we had a fabulous weekend, and we will certainly be back!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

The Ascott suited me and my friend perfectly-- the hotel was lovely with all the little touches that just turns a good room into a great one.
We'd gone for a concert- so it was a taxi ride to get to the MEN.. but that was fine.
The breakfast was great and there were wholesome alternatives so it was a difficult choice.
Thanks, will be back.. what we liked was to enjoy the centre of Manchester (until the wee small hours when you've had enough and want to escape) and then jump in a taxi to get back to The Ascott-- very quiet and a good nights sleep guarenteed.
The weather wasn't great (we are talking Manchester here).. which is a shame as we'd have loved to have sat out in the garden.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
DavidAscott, Owner at Ascott Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2010
Thank you for a a very nice review sorry about the Eccles cake
Kindest regards
From all at The Ascott
harrogate
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

I have regularly stayed at The Ascott Hotel for over 6 years now as our office is just around the corner and during this time have always received a warm welcome. I enjoy visiting the hotel which has become quite a home from home. I think I have stayed in most of the rooms , although I am not sure which one Ken Barlow stayed in!! Each room is very individual and a lot of thought has been put into making the rooms unique and different. The cooked breakfast is excellent and great care is always taken to ensure individual preferences are catered for. David, Peter and the team have always been very helpful to myself and my colleagues - advising local restaurants and attractions etc.when we stay and as it is just a short trip into Manchester, the Trafford Centre and Salford Quays - it is a great location to enjoy what is going on locally.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
north west
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

Excellent hotel, rooms spacious and well appointed. good value for money so close to Manchester city centre. Staff very approachable and helpful. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to Ascott Hotel? Share your experiences!