“Brilliant value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ascott Hotel

You added Ascott Hotel to your Saves list
Ascott Hotel
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   6 Half Edge Lane, Eccles, Salford M30 9GJ, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Eccles B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Brilliant value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed for two nights, having business in Eccles. The hotel is quiet, clean warm & comfortable. All the facilities work well, the people are charming, helpful & amusing. The lounge is not only comfortable but full of interesting furniture, a beautiful long-case clock & some fascinating pictures & prints. But the star turn is breakfast - properly, freshly cooked, no tired low quality bacon or congealing eggs under a hot lamp, but FRESH - delicious. The room (a simple double) was well-equipped, the bed very comfortable with good quality linen. All in all I thought this hotel offered a great deal at a very reasonable price. If I'm ever in the area again I won't think twice, but will go back to the Ascott.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We arrived in awful weather to be greeted by a lovely friendly person. He was charming, funny and very entertaining, a real tonic from the usual stuffy receptionists.
Rooms were stunning, comfy, beautifully decorated and a kettle that worked.
Breakfast was wonderful, lots of choice and tasted great. Nothing is too much trouble for the team at this hotel.
Well situated hotel, good parking and a very warm welcome awaits.

Room Tip: if you are travelling with kids or other family then rooms 30 and 31 are connected by a door meaning...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Had a two night stay at this hotel and would recommend it to all my family and friends. Got a nice welcome when we arrived and was shown up to our room which was very nice. It was nicely decorated , the bed was very comfy and there were lots of little extras like shower gel hand wash and hand cream also there was plenty of tea coffee and milk for that late nite or early morning cuppa. No problem parking as there was. Good sized car park at the back of the hotel. The breakfast was delicious and was served with a friendly service . Would definitely use this hotel again when in the area.

Room Tip: Room 5 is very nice.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cranfield, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We had a brief overnight stay at the Ascott. It was easy to find and has parking behind the building. We were greeted and shown to our room, which was nice, clean with a small bathroom with shower. The room had tv, kettle/tea/coffee, soap/shampoo etc. We didn't have breakfast but it did smell good. The hotel isn't too far from the tram to get into Manchester. Overall, not bad. Quite nice actually. I'd probably stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

If you are staying in the Eccles area in Salford and want a hotel with lovely surroundings, excellent facilities and excellent service, then you can't do better than The Ascott. I have been staying in Salford for nine months and have tried other hotels / guest accommodation in the area (including one very close) and I can honestly say that none of them have compared to the Ascott. I discovered the hotel several months ago and have been staying on a weekly basis ever since. The rooms and public areas are lovely, well dressed and exceptionally clean. The breakfast is beautiful and served with a smile, which is important! The hotel has ample parking spaces and even though I arrive in the evening, I have always been able to park my car. I understand that The Ascott won an award and that is what encouraged me to try it that very first time. Thank you to the team for making my stays so comfortable.

Room Tip: The hotel is well appointed throughout, the superior rooms are especially lovely.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I literally stopped here for 8 hours over night only. So my review is based purely on how I found it during my brief stay.
1. Check in was quick eventually, took some time for someone to come and deal with my check in, I did arrive between the specified time for a Friday. Staff very helpful though and even took my bag to my room so it was ready for me when I got back later that night.
2. Very welcoming feel warm and cosy
3. My room number 23 was great. Very spacious, spotlessly clean, tasteful decor, comfortable bed, nice big room, good shower and very clean bathroom with lots of little extras like cotton wool pads and ear buds.
Breakfast is not until 08.30 on a Saturday and I was up and out by 07.00 so didn’t experience breakfast so cannot comment.
My only grumble is not with the hotel or the staff but the other guests. Room 23 is right next to the entrance door and late at night people came in and just let the door slam every time I nearly jumped out of my skin being so rudely awoken. This happened 4 times between 23.30 and 01.30 so I wasn’t too chuffed about that. Selfish people who think only of themselves are what spoils it for others. But that is no reflection on the facilities of the hotel although they could consider soft closers or something. Would I stay here again yes I would but would ask for a room away from the entrance.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the entrance
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
merseyside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We (five females) stayed at the Ascott last weekend 16th November. Only one complaint wish we had booked for two nights instead of one. Hotel was warm, cosy and very comfortable. Lounge and dining area tastefully furnished as were the bedrooms. Breakfast was delish!!! Honestly couldn't have asked for more. David and Peter were very helpful in giving us advice and directions. David is a really funny guy. We had a good laugh with him. Cant understand some of the negative comments from previous guests. We really enjoyed our stay and we will definitely be going there again.

Room Tip: This is advice not a criticism , if you are less able request a room on ground or first floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ascott Hotel? Share your experiences!