We stayed in the hotel 3 adults and 3 young children to celebrate 2013 Xmas day and a special birthday. The attention and presence of the lodge manager (Hessah) was great. He was incredibly flexible to organsie the activities suitable for the kids as well, the sunset cruise with nice drinks, the fishign party, the visit to the local village community and the short in time organisation of a Boma diner for celebrating the birthday party (many thanks Hessah !!!). Kids have incredible memories of their stay. Pool was nice and all staff is very friendly. Food is fine as well - not high gastronomy but nice food.
Sunrise on the Zambezi is amazing.
As a small suggestion, I would recommend to organise a small playground area for children (eg at least a trampoline and small stuff) and more foreign languages video in the Lounge/TV area for the kids while parents are having dinner (alternatively ipad to download foreign language videos).
It remains anyway a great time.
Thanks to Hessah and the local staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Chundu Zambezi River Lodge is the kind of place where nature is untouched and you are humbled by the magic that surrounds you. The lodge has two locations – the mainland and the exclusive private island in the center of the Zambezi River. Royal Chundu is a place of picturesque beauty that merges seamlessly with nature and is tucked away in the midst of unique plant species from giant ferns to ancient trees, some as old as 1,500 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Royal Chundu Luxury Zambezi Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Chundu Luxury Zambezi Hotel Kazungula
- Royal Chundu Luxury Zambezi Lodges Zambia/Kazungula