“Beautiful accommodation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria's at Ewingsdale

You added Victoria's at Ewingsdale to your Saves list
Victoria's at Ewingsdale
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Top of McGettigans Lane, Ewingsdale, Byron Bay, New South Wales 2481, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ewingsdale
Kerikeri, New Zealand
“Beautiful accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Victoria's is a fabulous place to stay. The bedrooms are beautiful, the salt water pool sublime and all the extra touches that Victoria provides (fresh brownies/pastries/port/fruit) makes this an outstanding choice. Couldn't fault it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ByronBayHospitality, Owner at Victoria's at Ewingsdale, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you to all our wonderful guests, who take the time to provide feedback about their experiences at both Victoria's At Ewingsdale, and Victoria's At Wategos. We are always very grateful for the positive reviews, and look forward to providing "Victoria's" hospitality to you once again!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Port Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were lucky enough to receive a red balloon gift voucher from work colleagues for a 2 night stay at Victoria's at Ewingsdale for our wedding and decided to use the voucher for our anniversary. I was unsure if because it was a voucher we may not have received the same level of service as if we had booked it through Victoria's ourselves and i was pleasantly proven wrong.

The level of service we received during our stay was faultless, the accommodation and facilities are outstanding!

The Executive Spa Suite was divine with a beautiful king size bed with gorgeous linens and a large spa bath. The suite also had a balcony which was perfect for sunset drinks, with views to the lightouse at Byron. This room was located away from the main house and less than 50 metres from the pool and bbq area.

The breakfast that Victoria serves is definately worth experiencing and was great value for money considering the amount of beautiful food on offer. The souffle was great.

I had organised a couples massage before arriving and the experience was amazing, the two massage therapists were great and the glass of champagne afterwards was a nice touch.

Like i have said previously the service is fantastic and definately makes the experience memorable at the guesthouse. Nothing seemed like too much to ask, including a cheese platter prepared by Victoria, which were able to enhoy on the balcony in the afternoon. Seafood platters are also available (with notice) and i'm sorry we hadnt done this on one of our evenings to save the trip to town for dinner, as i'm sure it would have been prepared equistively like everything else at Victoria's.

Victoria's is definately somewhere for a special occassion with splendid surrounds and great service. We would love to get back there again one day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

If you can remind yourself of the fact that you are staying at a guest house and not a hotel you will not be dissappointed. Victoria provides a personal touch to your stay that you do not get from a hotel generally. The fact that the property is just outside of Byron makes it the perfect relaxing getaway. Whilst my husband & I enjoyed the bustle of Byron Bay by day, it was great to retreat to tranquil surroundings by night. We stayed in a suite with a spa and although it was
a little on the cramped side,Overall it was very pleasant. Our room was next to the chicken and emu pen, and when I heard the clucking of chickens in the morning I was merely reminded of my peaceful country surroundings.Far nicer than the sound of humans. We chose not to have the breakfast butnot because of the price, just because we didn't want to have breakfast at a certain time.(between 8.30 & 9.30) Victoria doesn't push breakfast upon you at all. In fact she leaves complimentary homemade pastries in the kitchen. We paid $399 for our night and I would say that it was worth the price. If we had paid $499 as it was advertised as being previoulsy I think I would say it would have not been such good value. Victoria seems to work tirelessly to make your stay an enjoyable one and for that I highly commend her.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend took me away for the night and to say I was impressed is a complete understatement.
Victoria met us on arrival and like others showed us around happily whilst telling about the place. We were given all the options of eating on site, down the road or in town and were never made to feel pressured. We opted for the breakfast, at the time I thought how indulgent being I barely manage a coffee but I have to say it was one of the most impressive and well spent $35 breakfasts I've had.
The room was immaculately clean and adequate space the surroundings like the dales of UK. I loved this place and quite frankly would marry my boyfriend tomorrow for taking me there.....as that's not likely to happen I will be sending my parents instead.
Thank you Victoria, I look forward to coming back

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Stunning. We stayed in a executive spa suite. Everything was thought of, from complimentary port, home made treats, beautiful linen and chocolate coated coffee beans. The views were beautiful, the linen soft and the spa spacious.
Victoria was warm and friendly.
We left relaxed and refreshed.
Thank you Victoria.

• Stayed July 2012
Gibraltar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

If you're looking to relax at the very beautiful Byron Bay, this is the place to do it at. The villa (although not cheap) is absolutely beautiful.

When we arrived, we pretty much had the entire villa to ourselves. The pool is glorious, the facilities are incredible, It felt like a (very beautiful) home from home.

The best thing was, that we had been travelling around quite a bit, and we were exhausted, so we just wanted to relax. Because the weather wasn't exactly bbq weather, we were allowed to use the facilities, to simply cook ourselves dinner. The breakfast, however, although on the steep side, is faultless!

The place is beautiful and the family who owns it are all extremely welcoming!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Victoria was lovely, she greeted us at the door and showed us around. It was a few days before Xmas and we were the only guests besides family she had visiting. We had the standard room which I had read on TA would be small, but we were pleasantly surprised. (Perhaps our standards are different having travelled to SE Asia and slept in much tinier rooms). There was certainly room for our bags, and there was a comfy chair in one corner and a bureau in another.

The pool looked inviting though we never went for a swim. The lawns and gardens were maintained and looked lovely. We batted down a few spiderwebs on the paths though, after walking into them.

We enjoyed the nearby attractions on the three days we were there and when we returned exhausted, it was nice to come back to a dvd selection and quiet surroundings. Victoria was on call 24 hrs - we had to call her a couple of times (1. the bathroom light blew, 2. we called her from byron asking if there was a freezer so we could buy some icecream - she was lovely and let us use her family fridge). We normally stay in hotels so it was foreign to us to be invited into the communal areas - it felt like we were intruding in the kitchen, particularly as we knew it was just her family around. Victoria certainly did all she could to make us feel welcome however.

This place isn't ideal for backpackers/flashpackers or young singles - it's great for a special occasion, or retreat from a hectic lifestyle. It's handy to have a car, but taxis are about $20 to get into Byron. We were lucky to have a 2 for 1 experience, and enjoyed our stay, however I'm not sure we'd pay $300 for one night here. But I also know we aren't the target market of Victoria's - so 40+ couples who enjoy boutique experiences in beautiful locations, and newly weds looking for a private wedding night venue, give Victoria a call.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Victoria's at Ewingsdale? Share your experiences!